Monday, August 11, 2014

Make-A-List Monday - Turns Out It Was A Train...

Hi, all!

It's been an amazing, amazingly busy, week since last we met here on Make-A-List Monday - and remember that "light at the end of the tunnel" I talked about last week?  Turns out it was a train!  This week may be just as busy as last week!  So let's see how last week's list turned out

1.  Finish all the final details for the women's event at church.
Done!!  I spent the entire week sitting at the wrong side of my sewing table, working on my computer.  I miss my sewing machine!

2. Choose all the table setting items and decorations for my table at the event.
Done!  Take a look at the two pretty tables I decorated…



Every table at the event was decorated differently, and it was just beautiful!

3.  Straighten up the house to get ready for my nieces' visit!
Done!  I have a great husband - he helped me clean up and we got it all done lickety-split!

4.  Work on the quilt for Nancy to raffle off at her upcoming craft show.
Like I said, I didn't get a chance to sit down at my sewing machine all week! Boohoo!!

5.  Work up an estimate for a commission quilt.
I haven't done this yet either.  Started last night, but fell asleep instead….

6.  Keep up with ministry needs as they arise.
Done!  We gave away quite a few quilts this week...


This quilt went to a woman with pancreatic cancer...


This one went to a woman with MS and other health issues...


This one went to a young man who injured himself severely while skateboarding...


This one went to a member of the quilt ministry who had to have an unexpected surgery…


This quilt went to an elderly woman who will be having heart valve replacement surgery this week...



And this cute embroidered quilt is going to a newborn baby boy!

I did get to spend some fun time with my nieces...


Aren't they cute?


And Emmy did some serious bonding with my oldest niece, Heather, over "horses" today!  You can see our neighbor's horses from the back window, and that's Emmy's favorite activity lately - watching the horses!

Last week my oncologist, a wonderful man who was loved by thousands of people in this area, was killed in a car accident.  I've been asked to make a quilt for his wife, and that's my highest priority this week.  So here's this week's list…

1.  Make the quilt for my doctor's wife.

2.  Finish an antique top for a friend's father-in-law.

3.  Work on the quilt for my daughter to raffle at the craft show.

4. Write up an estimate for a commission quilt.

5.  Help my niece finish some quilts to take with her to Canada (she's moving to Calgary for five years to work on her PhD)

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.

It's been awesome having my nieces visit - Rachel had to leave on Sunday to go back to college, but Heather has been finishing quilts during the day and deconstructing jeans and men's shirts for me during the evening!  Woohoo!!  We (mostly she) worked through the entire stack of clothing I had to be deconstructed!  That stuff has been hanging around for years - it's so nice to have it flat folded in a storage bin, ready to use!  Stay tuned Friday to see the fabulous finishes she has for the week - I'm one proud quilt mama!!

So that's what the week ahead of me looks like - busy for sure!  And we'll be taking a group of ladies on a day trip to a quilt show in Murfreesboro on Saturday - fun!!

And now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Wow you are busy busy, so sorry of the loss of the doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, that was a fully loaded freight train! I think I will keep reading you Make-a-list Mondays at bedtime. I get so tired simply thinking about everything you do, that it seems like a good idea to go right to sleep LOL.
    God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tables are lovely. So are those nieces.
    Beautiful quilts. As always.
    So sorry to hear of the death of the good doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely young ladies and how delightful you got to spend time with them. Some more beautiful eye candy. Blessing and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you spent some time with your nieces. I am sooo sorry to hear about your doctor. What a tragic loss. I will say some prayers for his family. The quilt are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your Doctor, Sarah. Our sympathies to all who will miss him and his capabilities. I hate that anyone would need his expertise...
    Your ministry quilts are lovely, Sarah, and the recipients' problems remind me that there are worse problems than mine. I know they will find comfort and hope in the ministry's efforts.
    Thanks for sharing the pictures... You know how to cheer us up!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just say, you are awesome. And 'amazingly busy' is an understatement!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!