Friday, November 10, 2023

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Fall Quilt Top, Finished Before Winter!

 

Hi, all!

It's Friday again, and we all know what that means - - - it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!!  I hope you're ready - I know I am!  I sewed up a storm on Thursday just so I would be.  Let's go!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

As I said, Thursday I woke up determined to get my fall quilt top assembled in time for this post.  Wednesday afternoon I had laid out all of the blocks to get them in the right spots....


I am really thankful for my large studio that has plenty of room to lay out a king size quilt on the floor!!  All I was trying to do at this point was get the colors spread out properly.  I gathered up each column to sew up the next morning.  


I got up early and jumped right in, creating the nine columns of leaves that will comprise the quilt.  Then it was time to cut and create the sashing strips that go between the blocks.  And a few hours later, look what I made!


Isn't it glorious?  Thanks to @rnquilter, who suggested a purple background to allow the leaves to shine.  


I used 34 of the new fat quarters I bought last month, in fall browns, red, oranges and yellows, to create these blocks.  I still need to find a backing, but will probably use an extra-wide print of some sort.


It's a simple block, which works up quickly and is easy to speed through with chain piecing.  I made the blocks one at a time, but used chain piecing to create components and then press them all at one time.  So the 63 blocks I needed for a king size quilt went together pretty fast!  The pattern is called Fall Leaves by Cluck Cluck Sew, and I highly recommend it.  The instructions were clear and the cutting instructions in particular were perfect, even to the extent of ensuring that directional fabrics were cut in such a way as to keep the pattern running in the same direction! It's also very fat quarter friendly, and has a bonus table runner pattern included.

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends.

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

13 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Sarah! Those leaves really do shine against the purple background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the purple background and this did really make up quickly - its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is just gorgeous! I have a fall leaves quilt with a rich eggplant purple background (Moda Marble) and a flannel backing that's going on my bed this weekend! It's my November bed quilt...gotta have one for each month right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fall quilt! Love the purple background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read more things about here! thanks for the beautiful info you made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weblog is interesting. Thank you for your time and efforts here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic website. A lot of helpful info here. Thanks to the effort

    ReplyDelete
  8. The articles are great. and you are great Awesome blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy this kinds of own post. It Like this knowledgeable blog here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having read this I believed it was really enlightening.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is something I actually have to try and do a lot of analysis into, thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks and Best of luck to your next Blog in future.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!