Wow! Do you all love fall as much as I do? The weather here has been fabulous - crisp, cool mornings, sunshine, invigorating breezes, gently warm afternoons. It's time to drag out the sweaters! Fall always puts me in the mood to sew - probably because I can sense Christmas racing up! Fall also means giveaways - have you checked out the Fall Into Fall Quilt Bloggers Giveaway? Over 140 bloggers and 8 on-line stores are participating, including me! You can check out my giveaway here, then be sure to check out the other blogs! There's some really neat stuff being given away out there! You can enter the giveaways anytime between now and the 15th of October - winners will be announced on the 16th.
So now, let's see how I did on last week's list....
1. Finish the binding on the sudoku quilt. Done! This quilt is already in the hands of its new owner - a lovely lady who is having some serious medical issues.
2. Pull fabrics for a boy's quilt for my friend Marsha. Done! Marsha's picked them up, along with a pattern for Crazy Quilt Mom's Fair and Square Quilt. I think this one is going to work up really easy - it may become a new quilt ministry regular!
3. Make a princess dress for my granddaughter for Halloween and an upcoming princess party! Done! And the princess had a blast at the party! Now the trick is to get her to quit wearing it all the time!
4. Make two baby quilts for my friend Kathy. Done! Just in the nick of time, too - she left with the senior high students for a mission trip to New Orleans on Friday - but she had these to take with her!
5. Finish piecing the Welcome Home flimsy. The delivery date of this quilt got pushed back to the 24th of October, so I put it on the back burner this week to put a few other projects ahead of it.
6. Cut the pieces for the birthday quilt (OK, hope springs eternal and all that rot, but maybe I can actually get to it this week! You aren't going to believe this - I not only cut out the pieces for this quilt, but I finished it! This one goes in the mail today for my niece's birthday - which was Saturday - so at least she'll have it within a week of her birthday! Woohoo!!
|Don't you love that owl? It's from|
Cloud 9 Fabrics' Hoot! Tote pattern
All right, time to get off the "thrill of victory" bandwagon and get back to work. What's on tap for this week?
1. Finish designing and cut out another ministry quilt. This one needs to be modern and whimsical - a bit of a stretch for me, but we'll see how it goes! I've got the fabrics pulled and an idea in my head for what to do with the design.
2. Finish the flimsy for Welcome Home.
3. Start the back for Welcome Home.
Lilli is out of school for the next two weeks, so I have no toddler-less days for two weeks - except for Fridays - which may put a crimp in my sewing time. When I try to sew now with Lilli around, she wants to sit in my lap and help push the fabric through the sewing machine! But she is helpful in designing - she likes to move the fabric around and try it out in different places on the design. Only one problem - if she likes a fabric she tends to take it away and put it in her fabric box! So we'll see how the sewing goes....
Remember to check out the great giveaways out there - starting with mine!
What are you working on this week?
PS - I'll be linking up to QuiltStory's Fabric Tuesday - be sure to go check out all the neat things people have done with fabric this week!!!