I hope you’re having a great week! If this is your first time here since last week, here’s a heads up - my birthday is Friday and I’m giving away fabric to celebrate! Check out my Sunday blogpost for how to enter! I’m looking forward to getting a lot done this week, but first,
Here’s what happened with last week’s list...
1. Finish piecing the front and back of a disappearing 9-patch variation quilt to be given to a woman with cancer through the quilt ministry.
6. Quilt the disappearing 9-patch quilt from item 1. Done! The recipient for this quilt was put back in the hospital early in the week, so this moved up to the top of the list - meaning it got done earlier than expected! This is such a cheery quilt - I love the pattern, too - easy peasy! You can read more about it here if you want...
2. Applique a t-shirt for a friend's 2-year old daughter. On hold until I hear from my friend about colors!
3. Work on repurposing my library area into a sewing studio. Partially done - this has been a big task, but it’s starting to come together..... These are early pictures, before I started moving everything back in. I'll post more pictures later this week!
|The old sewing area, mid-swap....|
|And the new sewing area, pre-table and fabric!|
4. Hit the post office and mail off my bee blocks and prizes from the Fall Into Fall giveaway. Done - although it took two trips - I remembered the prizes the first trip, but forgot the bee blocks!
5. Prepare for Wednesday night's quilt sampler class for new quilters at church! Done! I had three ladies show up to work on the sampler quilt, and one more came in halfway through, then went to Joann’s after class to get her fabric so she can start next week!
7. Pick out something special for my bloggy friends (what's it for? Here's a hint - hobbits! Give me your best guess!) Done! If you haven't already, check out yesterday’s blog post about my upcoming giveaway! Leave a comment today (both here and there) and join in the fun!!
Now, for this week - - -
1. Applique the t-shirt for my friend’s little girl!
2. Quilt and bind a baby girl flannel quilt for the quilt ministry.
3. Finish quilting my Sail On quilt.
4. Piece a back for a memory quilt custom job.
5. Pull fabrics for a man’s quilt for the quilt ministry.
6. Put together at least three kits to hand out for the quilt ministry.
7. Finish pulling together my sewing studio!
I think that’s enough to keep me busy this week!
So - what are you working on this week? Remember to enter my birthday giveaway (you can see the details here)!!
One last word - if you are a no-reply blogger, please remember to either change your settings or leave your e-mail address in your comment! Bobyn, Lisa, and Mystica, you are all set at no-reply and didn't leave an e-mail, so if you see this, be sure to leave me your e-mail today! I'd hate for anyone to miss out because I couldn't reach them.....