Sunday, April 17, 2011

Surfin' Sunday - A Shout-out to the H2H Bloggers!

Hi, all!


Today's Surfin' Sunday will be a little different....


A good friend of mine said something I found to be really memorable this week...


When Your Plate Is Full...

Get a Bigger Plate!

You see, she had originally told me she didn't think she had time to participate in the Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge because she was so busy.  Imagine my surprise when I saw this blogpost and had an e-mail from her signing up!  

I think that most of the participants in the challenge are busy quilters - I know I am - but they have all opted to "get a bigger plate", so to speak, and join in for a good cause.  So today's Surfin' Sunday is a shout-out to all those wonderful quilters!!  Here's just a few examples of what some of them are doing....


Beth organized a block challenge and has put the blocks she received together into these beautiful quilts that will go to Japan for tsumani relief...


...Janet created this fabulous pillow that won the Fat Quarterly Reader Challenge....


and Jamie made this beautiful quilt to donate to Relay for Life!

This is just a small sampling of the skills and heart of the ladies who have joined us for the Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge.  You can find all of their names in the right sidebar of my blog - click on their name and it will take you to their blog.  I would encourage you to check them out - they are all talented and well worth a visit!!

Thank you, everyone who signed up to participate!  And to those of you who just couldn't get that bigger plate, we'd appreciate your support as we head toward the finish line in July!

Later!

Sarah

PS if you signed up to participate and you have not received your partner assignment, please e-mail me and let me know - I'll re-send the info!

6 comments:

  1. Love this posting - I saw the post on "a bigger plate" and in seeing your list of names - I know a lot of them have done just that. And even those with not so big a plate, they added H2H as a portion of their helpings. I look forward to browsing that list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah I would have to say that you yourself have gotten a bigger plate as well. With all that you do already to have put this together for all of us...... HATS OFF TO YOU!!!!!
    By the way - Brenda who is doing H2H is my cousin. I am so happy that she is joining in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your little peeks into what some of our sew sisters are up to. Thanks for putting all the links on your sidebar as well.

    I agree with the previous comment. Your plate must be the size of the whole table by now! I think you're the epitome of the old adage, "If you need something done, ask a busy person." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking we need to just get a platter...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blue ministry quilt is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!