Monday, June 25, 2012

Make-A-List Monday - Wow It's Hot!!

Hi, all!


Wow - it's been scorching hot around here, and only promises to get hotter this week!  Is it hot where you are?  I have to say, at least it makes it easy to stay inside and sew.....




But before I get to the to-do lists, I'd like to call your attention to an opportunity I found out about today.  Julie Anderson, who blogs over at Have Fun Quilting, e-mailed me about the wildfires that are raging in Utah right now.   





She is trying to collect up quilts, blocks, fabric, UFOs, anything that can help her give quilts to the 29 families who have lost their homes so far this week.  You can read her (much more eloquent) post about the situation here.  The quilt blogging community is so generous - please take a few minutes to check out Julie's post and see what you can do to help!




Now let's see how I did on last week's list...




1.  Finish up all the cleaning/organizing I started earlier this week!
Done! My husband was very surprised when he got home-
I got several texts saying things like "where is my wife and
who's been cleaning my house?" so I think he was pleased!

2.  Put together scrap bundles for The Five-Pound Smackdown!
(More about that on Wednesday...)
Done!  We had a great time, but I think it's physically
impossible to cut 5 pounds of scraps in three hours...

3.  Put together more kits for the ministry.
Done - but this is a never-ending task, rather like laundry...

4.  Put together more kits for summer camp.
Done! I think I made four more kits last week - but
still more to make!

5. Quilt at least two kids' quilts for NOLA.
Done!  Actually, I quilted four...





These beauties were donated to us by Kate of Swim Bike Quilt.  If they look familiar, they should - three of them are the pattern she showcased for last year's 100 Quilts For Kids charity challenge. The challenge starts again this summer, running from June 15th to October 15th - you ought to check it out and participate!!  These four quilts will probably go to New Orleans in October, to be donated to school-age children affected by the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

So what's on the list for this week?

1.  Finish making the kits for summer camp.

2.  Quilt a woman's quilt for the ministry.

3.  Work on the upholstery project that's been hanging around since last fall!

4.  Plan a trip to San Diego!

Short list for this week - because (1) I really need to work on that upholstery project and (2) I'm going with DH to San Diego this weekend!  Does anyone know of any good quilt shops to see while I'm there?

So now the question is - - - what are you working on this week?


Hugs!


Sarah



9 comments:

  1. I'm going to San Diego/Anaheim in a few weeks. Bonnie Hunter talked about a discount store in Anaheim that I'm going to visit while my husband is working. He has a work conference. http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2012/01/visit-to-m-l.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on your list and all the wonderful quilts. Katie said anyone who made a Hands2Help quilt can use that for the 100 Quilts for Kids entry.

    This week I am (tonight) finishing up my Schibbles and working on a commission piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cozy Quilts in Chula Vista

    My week is rainy and cold, in fact, 64 at 6:00pm.

    Trying to get some housework done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosie's http://www.rosiescalicocupboard.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been to Rosie's Calico Cupboard, many years ago but it was an amazing store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilts! Thanks for the info on the Utah wildfires. I'm planning on sending a twin top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this squares quilt! Do you know what she called it? I am looking online for the pattern and think it is a great quilt to make and donate to kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are so lucky here in San Diego to have as many quilt shops as we do. Check out Rosie's and Cozy's. Then if you have time there are some in North County

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am working on setting up my daughter's apartment. Exciting, but I miss sewing...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!