Friday, September 19, 2014

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Mixed Bag...

Hi, all!

Here it is, Friday again - are you ready to get your whoop whoop on?  I know I am, although it's been a strange week, with not much finishing and a whole lot of kitting….

Rita, the quilting queen, has been quilting about six to ten quilts a week on the mid-arm quilting frame at church.  Well, she has managed to quilt through all of the tops that we had bundled up with finished backs and binding - which meant I needed to go into overdrive!  So far I've put together six more sets of backs and bindings - that might keep her going through next week - and I've got about ten more ready to be sewn up.  I'm also working on binding some quilts that Debbie, another ministry member, quilted on her long arm at home.  

But I do have a few fun things to show you!  Last week I made these two cuties for my daughter…



They are made by a tutorial from Hamels Thread - you can find it by clicking here.  Super easy and fast - I can see I'll be making a lot more of these in the future!

I also got a wild hair and decided to make my own version of the Moda Love pattern that's been popping up on blogs lately...



Unfortunately, the other wild hair that I got was to straight line quilt this one in two colors on my Juki (table top machine) and it's so big, it's going to take a while!  But I love the way it's looking so far.  Hopefully I'll be able to show you the finished quilting next week.

In other news, we went to the AQS Quilt Show in Chattanooga last Saturday, and enjoyed seeing the beautiful quilts at this first AQS show in Chattanooga.  I didn't take too many pictures, but I do want to show you two special ones….


This quilt won for Best Modern Quilt.  I don't know the person who pieced it, but it was quilted by Judi Madsen of Green Fairy Quilts - and the quilting was absolutely wonderful.  It truly made the quilt! It made my heart happy to see Judi's work being recognized!


And then I saw this beauty - and realized I had seen it before!  Linda of Linda's Landscapes made this gorgeous quilt - and it's even more amazing in person.  Congratulations on making it into the show, Linda!!  You can see more about this quilt by clicking here….

And then I was so happy to see my friend Shannon, from FabricsNQuilts, had a booth at the show!  Here's a picture of me and Shannon…


and look at the two great signs I picked up in her booth!  I just love these!!


So that's what I'm whooping about this week - a really mixed bag of stuff!  

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!  

What's got you whooping this week?


What's making you get your happy on?

Tell us - we want to whoop right along with you!!  

The linky party will stay open until Sunday midnight -

Hope to see you there!!

Hugs!

Sarah

11 comments:

  1. Oh, my, I love that modern quilt! Thanks so much for sharing! I can't wait to see your straight line quilting--it does take awhile, but it is sooooo worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Moda Love quilt you have hanging up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your star quilt. And I have to say that first sign was me last night! I reorganized my scraps and couldn't sleep for thinking about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah....so glad to have something to link this week! Your post was fun....I'm going to look up that Moda Love pattern...looks like it might be made from a layer cake...if so...I have some that need dusting off! Thanks for the inspiration and sharing your fun!! V:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your version of the Moda quilt. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your star quilt is stunning! Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! First of all, the pencil cases; boy, my eyes zeroed in on them immediately. How cool! Second, your Moda Love quilt...beautiful, and that center block is killer! Third, what a huge surprise to see the photo of my quilt, The Visit. Thank you so much for sharing it and for linking to the blog on the finished version of it. Also...wow, fantastic about the progress on the quilt tops. You and Rita must be absolute dynamos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah, where did you find the pattern for the Moda Love quilt? I'm truly loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And a TERRIFIC mixed bag of goodies it is! You ministry ladies are on it! I love your wild hairs 1 & 2! Do you have a tutorial/pattern for your version? I'm planning to go to AQS in Des Moines in October. Looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it would have been great to see that show. I haven't been to one in a while and am itching to. Hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!