Monday, September 1, 2014

Make-A-List Monday - Bring On Fall!!!


Hi, all!

Well, Labor Day has come and almost gone - which means fall and quilting season are upon us!!  Not that I don't quilt during the summer, but it seems more fun somehow in the fall and winter  what do you think?  Nancy's Labor Day weekend craft show was a success - between the quilt raffle and her sales, she raised another $875 dollars for the adoption fund.  Congratulations to Missy Shay, who had the lucky raffle entry and won this quilt!!

I'm very happy to say that my list last week went pretty well - here's the rundown...

1.  Finish the chevron table runner for Nancy's display table.   
Done!  It came out really nicely too - all ten feet of it!  



I did straight line quilting on this one, to echo the chevron lines.  It looks great on the back, too!  I figure this can be used for a table runner, or maybe a king size bed runner, now that Nancy has finished with it.  

2.  Make a bunch of yo-yo's for Nancy to use in making hair pins to sell at the show. Here's her inspiration...
Done!  But I forgot to get pictures of her finished product...

3.  Quilt a top for a friend.
Done!  This one was fun…




I just love the way the quilting looks on the back! I'm really thankful my friend asked me to quilt these beautiful antique Dresden plates for her - I hope she likes it as much as I do!!

4.  Take care of the girls while Nancy works the show!
Done!  We had a lot of fun - went out to eat, watched the new "Bears" movie from Disney, played lots and lots, and Lilli and her Papa started putting an airplane model together!  Lilli picked out the paint colors - pink and hot pink!  We even went out to the craft fair for a while, where the girls had a blue raspberry ice - can you tell?


5.  Reorganize the fabric at church by color.  It's gotten really jumbled up and needs a complete re-do.  
Done!  Three members of our group (thanks, Rita, Pat, and Rhonda!) met me up there last Tuesday and we pulled all the fabric off the shelves, sorted it out by color, refolded it when necessary, and re-shelved it.  Whew!  But I forgot to take any pictures - something I'll remedy Wednesday night.  It looks great!

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.
Done!  This quilt went to a man just diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer...


This one went to a woman who had a pretty serious abdominal surgery and faces a long recovery…


This one went to a man recently diagnosed with colon cancer...
 

And this pretty little quilt went to a new baby girl!!
(love those baby quilts!)


So all in all, a pretty good week.  Busy for me with non-ministry things, so I'm really grateful for all the hard work that the other folks in the ministry have been doing!  It's wonderful to have reached a stage where we are ahead of the game for a change…

And now, here's what I'll be working on this week…

1.  Quilt a top for a friend - another commission going towards the adoption fund!

2. Quilt and bind another quilt - another commission going towards the adoption fund! (I'm going to quilt that little boy all the way from China to here!)

3.  Quilt and bind a couple more tops that were donated to raise funds for the adoption.  

4.  Finish some quilt tops that were sent for Hands2Help.

5.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise!

Looks like I'll be keeping Jolene busy this week, that's for sure!  But now, the question is….

What are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. I am so excited about winning the quilt! Thank you so much! I would love to see the yo yo hair pins! Your daughter is so lucky to have such a great mother helping her out like she does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those quilts are sure to make the recipients smile! Love that huge log cabin. And as always, enjoy reading what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The softness of the baby quilt really took my eye, but all the quilts are just so lovely. You get so much done, you dynamo you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought she's a whirling dervish, but a dynamo is very descriptive, too. Compared to Sarah, I'm a post. I did a few stitches on a binding for a doll quilt that I started almost two years ago... Cheer me on. I need it. I have to take off a length of that binding and repair it where raw edges are coming through. Ugh, I hate that part of quilting.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't quite believe my eyes, Sarah - the 10ft table runner is astonishing. So much quilting! And the Dresden plates quilt is totally gorgeous.

    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete
  6. The runner is great and of course anything that get that little boy closer to coming home is a great thing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!