Monday, September 29, 2014

Make-A-List Monday - New Week, Fresh Start!


Hi, all!

Mondays are a chance for a fresh start - isn't that a wonderful thing?  I've been so busy in the past week that I'm not quite sure what I've managed to get done - but I'm glad that I'll start tomorrow with a new list and a clean slate!   So let's see how I did with last week's list...

1.  Assemble the t-shirt commission quilt top and back.
Done!  
2.  Quilt the t-shirt commission quilt.
Sandwiched, but not yet quilted.



3.  Order the fabric for the other commission quilt.
Done!  I need to finish the t-shirt quilt quick so I can start working on this one when the fabric comes in!

4.  Cut more fabric into strips for jelly roll quilts.
5.  Put together jelly roll race quilt kits.
Done!  I cut 588 strips from 41 yards of fabric and created 14 jelly rolls for us to use! And of course, no picture….

6.  Make more quilt backs and bindings.
I didn't get to this, because other quilts came up with precedence over this one.  One of those was this pretty quilt…



which was pieced by Jeana, one of our newest members.  This is only her second quilt - isn't it beautiful?  I quilted and put the binding on this top this week so it can go to its forever home this week.

7.  Process new fabric donations at church.
I worked on this, along with Pat and Leann, but considering we received 12 tubs of fabric last Monday, we haven't been able to finish!  But that's a good problem to have!

8.  Start cleaning/sprucing up the house for a fundraiser party in three weeks.
Started!  I don't very often get the urge to clean house, but I've had it this week!  I've been cleaning out kitchen cabinets to make room for things that have been on the countertop, putting away things that have been sitting out for way too long - and it feels good!

9.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.
Done!  This quilt went to a woman with COPD who is dealing with serious pain issues…


This quilt went to a woman with colon cancer...


and this one to a woman diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.


This quilt went to the sister of one of our ministry members, who is housebound with COPD


And these next two went to two new baby girls!





We also gave one other quilt out, to a seven year old girl with serious skin problems.  No pictures of that one, I'm afraid!

So all in all, not a bad week.  I didn't get everything on my list done, but I'm pleased with what did get finished.  And now for this week's plans

1.  Quilt and bind the commission t-shirt quilt.

2.  Pack up the quilts going to NYC for Hurricane Sandy victims this week.

3.  Make some gift items and get them in the mail.

4. Quilt at least three quilts for the quilt ministry.

5.  Keep processing fabric donations at church.

6.  Keep up with all quilt ministry needs that arise.

7.  Keep cleaning the house, particularly focusing on my niece's visit this weekend.

Definitely enough to keep me busy!  Plus I get to play with my little girls several times this week - always a happy time!  So I'll leave you with a beautiful fall picture….


and a question:  What are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. I think you had a great week. I just finished a commission quilting, so hope now to concentrate on my 'to-be quilted' pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing. I get frustrated because my work is slow. I enjoy ever quilt and story you post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great week, Sarah. I had one, too. I finished the quilting on the one H2H... put on the binding the old fashioned way, so now I'm hand finishing it. It'll take me a few nights to do that. Found a fun circle tutorial, and tried that! So now I've signed up for the Drunkard's Path Quilt Along over at Vicki Welch's blog. I've always wanted to make one, and I think batik purples and reds with white would be perfect for the next granddaughter's wedding quilt. (She's engaged, so time to start the quilt.) Still working on the tomatoes and carrots, too.
    Thanks for asking and being interested.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!