Friday, November 7, 2014

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Intense Quilting….




Hi, all!

It's Friday again - can you believe it?  This year is flying by so fast - my granddaughter Lilli reminded me that her birthday is finally almost here!!!  (It's December 16th)  The end of the year is so busy for me, and I'm sure for most of you, too.  I hope you take the time to slow down a bit and enjoy everything, too, though.

Enough of that, though - because since it's Friday, it's time for…


Are you ready??

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Here's what I'm whooping about today - 


It's not finished yet, but I did spend a couple of days...


doing some pretty intense machine quilting...


Isn't the back pretty?

Next step - some straight line quilting on the Juki tabletop machine.

And I'm also whooping because Nathanael had his third birthday this week!  Hopefully he will be home with us long before his next birthday!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now, for the last installment of quilts that are being auctioned to raise money for Nathanael's adoption.




Here's quilt #7 - "Rainbow Stripes". This quilt measures 37" x 37", the perfect size for your baby.  It would also be a great graphic wall hanging to brighten up your living space!  Made entirely of Kona cottons in bright prints on a white background, it has straight line quilting intended to enhance the design.  It has 100% cotton batting, and binding of square multi-colored polka dots on white.  The back is also white with small squares of the Kona brights from the front embellishing it.  Completely sewn by machine, this quilt is sturdy and designed to withstand a whole lot of loving and machine washing and drying!

Starting bid on this quilt is $80.  Bids will close on Monday, November 10th at 5 pm CST.




Here's quilt #6 - "Criss Cross".  This quilt measures 40" x 40", and would be perfect as either a baby quilt or wall hanging.  Imagine the cute "monthly" photos you could take of your newborn on this darling quilt!  The print fabrics on the front of this quilt are from the Good Fortune line by designer Kate Spain, and the background is Kona White cotton.  The back is a soft teal print with script writing enhanced by more of the Good Fortune fabrics.  Quilting is a dense curlicue design in all of the white areas and gives this quilt a fabulous texture!  100% cotton batting, and white binding.  Completely sewn by machine, this quilt is sturdy and designed to withstand a whole lot of loving and machine washing and drying!

Starting bid on this quilt is $100.  Bids will close on Monday, November 10th at 5 pm CST.


*&*&*&*&*&*&*

You can bid on either of these quilts, or see the other eight quilts up for auction, on my Facebook page, 
Fabric Addict Quilts and More!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!  

What are you whooping about this week?


What's got you dancing the happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance along with you!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight - 

Hope to see you there!


Hugs!

Sarah



9 comments:

  1. Wow you have been so busy and they are all great quilts! Beautiful Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intense quilting is right! But the results are amazing... I really like the colors against the white background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first quilt is really stunning... in colors and in your quilting art!
    Love it.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are such beautiful auction quilts, and I hope you are able to raise enough money to bring Nathanael home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am envious of all the beautiful quilting. Lilli's birthday is on my anniversary. I'll be sure to celebrate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so loving how that quilt is turning out! And I'm sure that he will be celebrating his next birthday and every single one after that with his forever family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I didn't even touch the sewing machine for last 7 days so I didn't posted a linky, but I have such a whoop-whoop to share! Actually 3. 1) My "Nathaniel" is done and dusted, 2) I married yesterday, 3) my eldest daughter is pregnant and I will be a grandma! Imagine - in one tiny week - a bride, a mum and a grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your star quilt, and the quilting you're doing is taking it to a whole 'nother level of awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!