Friday, November 14, 2014

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop?



Hi, all!



It's been a quiet week in Lake Wobegon, my home town…  oh wait, that's not right!  But it's been cold - that polar air mass has dropped us into the 40's for daytime highs, about twenty degrees below our usual temps for this time of year.  So it feels like I'm living in a small town in Minnesota! 

It seems like it's been quiet week here - not too much to show for it, but lots in progress.  So I guess it's time for….



First of all, I'd like to thank you all, once again, for bearing with me as we try to raise the funds to bring Nathanael home!  


The auction last week was a great success, bringing in another $975 for the adoption fund!!  Whoop whoop!!!  We're that much closer to getting Nathanael into his forever home!

And Thursday I spent many hours doing a whole lot of ditch stitching on this pretty quilt.


…which I will hopefully finish tomorrow morning!  I'm really excited about how this quilt is turning out.

I also managed to get in a bit of progress on my granddaughters' quilts for Christmas - Lilli is very concerned about them, asking me every time I see her if I've been working on them!  So at least now, I can tell her yes!

And here's a couple of quilt ministry whoop whoops…  
Leah's first quilt, Wonky Charms…


and look at Sara rocking it on the quilt frame!!


Her first time, and she says she loves it!

Can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What are you whooping about this week?


What's got you dancing the happy dance?

Share - we want to dance right along with you!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight - 

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah



8 comments:

  1. For a quiet week you've been quite busy! :) Beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful quilt(s) and it looks like fun at the quilting frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A quiet week? Ha ha ha! That was funny about Lake Wobegone. :)
    Love Leah's quilt! Such a great use of color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and Whoop Whoops to Leah and Sara on their first times! Way to go, girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoop whoop to you, love your quilt, and go Leah! And Sara too. :) Thanks for hosting, I hope it warms up a little for you.. brr. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Leah's first quilt. Congrats on the fund raiser. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busy busy as normal! I could not believe when I opened your site that you had done the moda love pattern in Boho as well! Love the way yours turned out with the dark background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quiet except for the sewing machine it looks like.
    Great quilts

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!