Monday, November 17, 2014

Make-A-List Monday - Back on Track!



Hi, all!

The cold weather has settled in here, it seems, and you know what that means - quilting weather!  When it's too cold to go outside, surely that's a sign that you should sit at your sewing machine for a while, working on something warm and wonderful!  Now, I know that what is cold to me may not seem cold to some of you, but since it seems like it's cold across most of the country right now, let's just call it quilting time for all!

So with all the extra quilting time, I made good progress on last week's list.  Here's the rundown...

1.  Finish the quilting on the commission quilt.
Done!  And not only quilted, but bound and ready to go!  This picture isn't very good - it was not only cold and wet today, but we had 15-20 mph winds, so terrible weather for taking pictures. I'll have more later!


2. Finish off the final touches on the ornaments I've got in the works.
Done and handed over to Nancy for her fundraiser!  Here's pics of a few of them...


3. Finish my friend's Christmas stockings.
Done!  I hope she loves them!



4.  Do a minor repair on a friend's quilt.
Done!  Forgot to take a pic, though...

5.  Make the cutter quilt stockings.
Partially done - this stack represents all the pieces for five more stockings!  Now all I have to do is sew them together...


6.  Work on the girls' quilts for Christmas.
Accomplished!  Those two stacks represent all the HSTs that go into the two quilts - one stack is ready for piecing into pinwheel blocks, the other stack still needs to be squared up.


7.  Keep up with quilt ministry needs as they arise.
Done!  We gave away a few more this week…


This quilt went to a woman who was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  She's pregnant, so we sent a quilt for her baby, too, but I didn't take a pic of that one.


And these four jelly-roll quilts went to The Bridge Mission to be given to homeless kids.  Hopefully they'll help keep some kids warm on these cold nights!

For those of you who are interested, our current quilt count is 291 for the year, and 963 all time.  Only 37 more to go to hit 1000!!

I'm a happy camper - I managed to get to everything on the list, even if I didn't finish some of them!  As far as I'm concerned, that's a win for the week…

And here's what's on my radar for this week…

1.  Finish the cutter quilt stockings.

2.  Custom quilt a top for a friend.

3.  Work on the girls' quilts for Christmas.

4.  Finish Nathanael's stocking.

5.  Start straightening up the house for the holiday season!

6.  If time permits (I don't think it will this week) quilt two jelly roll quilts for The Bridge Mission homeless kids.

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.

This is a busy week - all the normal stuff, plus a doctor's appointment, extra babysitting, a morning of sewing at church, and  a special date this weekend - so I may not get as much done as I hope to.  But at least I'm feeling a lot less stressed!  Once the stockings are done and the custom quilting finished, I'll be free to work on my own stuff for a while.  Good thing - Christmas is rushing up like a freight train!

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. so sorry for your friend that has cancer and is pregnant that has to be so tough. You have been extra busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a good dent in your list - the Sister blocks are perfect for this comfort quilt. My goal this week is to get the borders on three quilts - I hate to add borders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I will be praying for the mom and babe. Thank you for reminding me to look outward tonight. We had such a hard day--our dog was diagnosed with liver cancer, at the same time as we're dealing with her sister's osteosarcoma & chemo, and grieving the loss of their mother. They are dogs, yes, but they are family to us. Reading about the woman to whom you gifted the quilts doesn't make our experience insignificant (to me) but it does remind me of the comfort and strength that can be found in thinking of and praying for others, and the importance of not being isolated in our sadness. Time for me to do some charity quilting again. xxx Beth in OR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt ministry at your church is a wonderful thing. I am sure many prayers for healing go with each quilt.
    You have to be one of the most productive people I know Sarah!
    This week I am working on a surprise for a friend and on catching up with some of the many things I let slide these last few months.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice done list. I haven't been able to get near my studio lately but have an important quilt to get finished so I'll be spending Fri, Sat & Sun hunkered down on that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did great this week! We had a couple of days of wind with cutting through your clothes cold, too. Everybody is really nice here.

    Still working at moving in.... kitchen is usable, but the living room looks like a tornado, cyclone, and hurricane converged there. At least there are places to sit, now. (We are older, so things take longer than usual, and we tire more easily than when we were younger.) Hopefully something gets done to unpack the sewing room soon.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!