Monday, June 1, 2015

Make-A-List Monday - Back To The Real World!

Hi, all!

After a lovely week in New York City, it's time to get back to the real world!  


Over four days, I walked 26.1 miles (according to my iPhone) or as my husband says, basically a marathon.  


I wandered through the garment district, checking out fabric and notion shops.  Got some great loot, too!


Stood in line for rush tickets for Broadway shows (definitely the way to see shows for a great price!)  

Some beautiful inspiration - wouldn't this make a great quilt?

Went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art with my husband, then ate lunch in Bryant Park behind the New York Public Library.  It's definitely a great place to people-watch!

My husband was in NYC to attend Book Expo America, a convention of publishing companies.  The exhibition hall reminded me a lot of Quilt Market - all the book publishers were there, with book signings and advance peeks at books coming out in the fall.  I met Sandy, who works for C&T Publishing/Stash Books, and we had a great time discussing some upcoming books.  I'll be doing some book reviews for them in the near future - there's some wonderful stuff coming out and I can't wait to share them with you!


I also picked up a piece of sashiko embroidery while I was in NYC, and it's FUN!  I'm really enjoying this - it's fast and easy to tuck in your purse to work on during short down times.


And look at what I discovered when I got home - my new Kona Sunset color way bundle matches perfectly with my Kate Spain Horizon bundle!  I can't wait to work these two bundles into a great big quilt for my own bed later this summer!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Since I didn't have a list to recap from last week, here's my list of things I want to get to this week...

1.  Quilt and bind two quilts for Hands2Help.

2.  Finalize the prizes for Hands2Help and write blogpost.

3.  Visit all the links and tally up the quilters and quilts for the final Hands2Help linky! (Speaking of which, it's time to link up the quilts you've made for Hands2Help!  The link is here and you have until Saturday 6/6 at noon to link up!)

4.  Quilt a couple of quilts for the quilt ministry.

5.  Start working on a retirement quilt.

6.  Start thinking about what quilt projects I want to take with me on vacation in July.

7.  Begin making kits for summer quilting with the quilt ministry.

8.  Keep up with all quilt ministry needs that come up.

So that should be enough to keep me out of trouble this week!   I have a feeling there's lots more I need to do, but at least this is a start....

And now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

 Oh, and just for fun, here's some pics of the kiddos...


Lilli really wanted to go to NYC with us, but it wasn't possible, so I took Flat Lilli, who found her knight in shining armor!


When we got back, Nathanael had his very first ride on Papa's shoulders - I think he liked it!


And here's Emmy - it's a shame she doesn't have any personality!

Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Hi! Adorable kids! Can I please have addresses for all 3 of the H2H charities?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, look how pretty your bed quilt will be. Fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable grandchildren. It sounds like you has a good time in New York.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Kona Sunset bundle is delicious! I'm going to have to check out the Kate Spain line however; I prefer prints over soliids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful time. The kids are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jealous of the bundles of fabric. I only have a Horizon jelly roll to play with.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!