Sunday, May 31, 2015

Hands2Help - The Big Reveal!!!


"What does love look like?
It has the hands to help others.
It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy.
It has eyes to see misery and want.
It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men.
That is what love looks like."
St. Augustine             .

Hi, all!

The time has finally arrived for the final linky party for the Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge 2015!  I am overwhelmed with gratitude for each one of you, who have become the hands, feet, eyes and ears of love once again through the quilts you have made for others!  Your quilts will bless many, and hopefully you have found blessing in the making of them.  Many of you have told me that this is your first experience making charity quilts - I hope it won't be your last!  Thanks to each and every one of you for joining in the Challenge this year!


So let's get down to business.  Between now and next Saturday, June 6th at about noon, please link up your quilts below, either to a new blog post or an old one that shows your quilt.  If you don't have a blog, you can link up a picture you have posted in the Flickr group.  (If you post your pic in the Flickr group, be sure to put your name and which charity you made the quilt for in the description!)  If you are technologically challenged, feel free to email your picture to me at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com and I will post it in the Flickr group and link it up for you!


The best reason to link up your quilt is so that we can all see, admire, and be inspired by each one. But there's another reason, too - thanks to a lot of wonderful donors, we have great giveaway items!!  To participate in the giveaway, just link up your quilt or quilts.  Everything will be given away by random drawing from those who link up a finished quilt!



*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Now, this is the spot where I would normally show you, once again, all the great giveaway items we have this year.  BUT - - - I just got back into town from being in NYC for a week, and there are some that I haven't taken pictures of yet!  So, I will refer you back to this post and this post for right now.  I'll write a new post later this week showing a full list of all the prizes that we'll have for all you wonderful H2H participants!


*&*&*&*&*&*&*

So now - it's time to link up your finished (or very nearly so) quilts!  The link will remain open until Saturday, June 6th at noon CST. You can link up from your old or new blogpost, from a picture of your quilt posted in the Flickr group, or for the technologically challenged, you can email me a picture of your quilt at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com and I will post it in the Flickr group and link it up for you.  You can email me at that same address with any questions you might have, or if you still need the addresses for mailing your quilts.  (And if life has happened to you and you're having trouble finishing your quilt, please email me before next Saturday!)


Winners should be announced next Sunday, June 7th. But please bear with me, it may be late in the day - it's a big undertaking!


I'm so excited to see the wonderful quilts you have made - and I hope you're all just as excited to see the quilts the other participants have made! Please take the time to visit all the link-ups and give each other a big high-five - you've done amazing work!!!  


Ready - - - set - - - GO!!!

Hugs!

Sarah

PS - the pictures above are some of H2H 2014's quilts - aren't they wonderful?



18 comments:

  1. That's super and I can't wait to see all the quilts made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great year for H2H....always great to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sewing the binding on today :-)
    Can't wait to see everyone's quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting such a wonderful challenge. I look forward to next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all you do for this. It is a great quilting challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many beautiful quilts here! Good work, everyone! This was such a neat project to be involved in! I look forward to next year's group!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Sarah for all the hard work you put into this each year. And the added benefit of the Sweet16 this year was a real treat (and more work for you).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Sarah for doing this. I loved it and can't wait until next year to take part. I only wish I could have done more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Sarah for hosting this challenge. My quilts are completed and I sent 3 tops to Canada. Cant wait till next year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sad that I can't participate this year - right now my quilts are made out of cement and plaster while my sewing machines are neatly packed away already in France , but it's so interesting to see all the different quilts. They are great, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all YOU do Sarah! This is such a wonderful (and I'm sure challenging) event to host but you seem to do it effortlessly. I'm excited to have participated again and be a guest blogger this year. I am thrilled at how many quilters are working towards providing comfort and love to others. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Sarah. I spotted my quilt on your post and it made me smile. I've been out of town, too but hope to finish the binding this week. Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Sarah. I spotted my quilt on your post and it made me smile. I've been out of town, too but hope to finish the binding this week. Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of beautiful quilts last year and this year too Sarah! I can't thank you enough for all you do to put this together. It really is a fun event for everyone and you deserve an award!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All done and entered on your Link! Three for Happy Chemo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much Sarah !! I got it to post but my picture didn't show up ! :) I will be sending this , and another , to Happy Chemo . God Bless you and your family .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of pretty quilts. Thanks Sarah for hosting this challenge. I appreciate all the time it takes to make this happen.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!