Monday, May 18, 2015

Make-A-List Monday - Still Plugging Away!

Hi, all!

Monday is here, school is almost out - where has the first half of the year gone?  It seems to be going by so fast!  Are you ready for the lazy hazy crazy days of summer?  I sure am!

Last week was kind of crazy - still struggling to find my new groove, but I did accomplish some things!  Let's see how last week's list went...

1.  Work on a baby quilt for a gift.
Done! I actually finished this one today, but I haven't taken the final pictures yet.  Here's a couple of progress shots, though!



2.  Work on a quilt design for submission.
Sort of - see #4 below, because that's the design I'm working on.  By using it to make the gift quilt, I'm refining the pattern to make it more user friendly.  Haven't written the new pieces down, yet, though.

3.  Work on the pennant quilt tutorial.
I didn't get to this one this week.  I need to school myself in the new drafting program, but that may be easier this week because my niece (who told me about it) is here to help!

4.  Work on another gift quilt.
Done!  I've at least started on it, but I got distracted by another quilt mid-week...


5. Work on the antique quilt repair.
Nope! Didn't touch it this week.  Should have!

6.  Cut up scraps for a scrap quilt by this pattern.
Done!  Or at least, started.  I cut about half the scraps in my yellow bin up into 1.5" x 2.5" and 2.5" x 4.5" pieces.  It makes a nice start that I will add to as I'm able.  Probably need to set a specific time to cut scraps each week to ensure that it gets done!

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.
Done!  We gave away a bunch of quilts this week...


This quilt went to a man just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer...


This one went to a man who had surgery for a tumor on his stomach. Fortunately it turned out to be benign, but he will have a long recovery...


This quilt went to a former pastor who has just been diagnosed with  stage 4 colon cancer...


This quilt went to an elderly gentleman, a former Marine, who has been dealing with the long-term effects of cancer...


And this quilt went to a man just diagnosed with cancer.

Those last two quilt tops were donated to us by Gayle B., who frequently sends us some beautiful tops.  This week, we received this lovely stack of tops, her output for the winter!  Aren't they awesome?  And they will make so many people happy and comforted!



One of the things that distracted me this week was the making of this quilt, a simple charm quilt for Hands2Help.  It suddenly occurred to me that my time was running short to get my own quilt done for the Challenge, so I took the scraps from Nathanael's quilt and cut charms for this "man's quilt".  I hope to get it quilted this week!


I was also just a wee bit distracted by this cutie's very first school presentation, on deer!  She made the poster behind her and the model of the deer she is holding, and she gave a great talk about the life of deer.  I'm so proud of her!!!


OK, so that's what I did last week!  And here's what I plan to work on this week...

1.  Take pictures of and mail the baby quilt.

2.  Quilt the H2H quilt top.

3.  Work on the second gift quilt.

4.  Work on the pattern for that quilt.

5.  Work on the pennant quilt tutorial.

6.  Continue the repair of the antique crazy-patch quilt.

7.  Cut more scraps!

8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.

Well, I may not get to everything on this list, but I'm certainly going to try!  I've got some Nana duties this week, plus my niece is visiting and I'm getting my hair done (finally!) so it may not all get done, but I'm planning to make a stab at it.

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful eye candy as always. Super bundle of quilt tops from Gayle. Gotta love school presentations and good for her in the ability to speak in front of others. Wish I was closer to help you with your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on making some scrap day packs for my Etsy shop to pay for postage for the quilts we mail. I am working on repairing an old quilt for my son and his wife and making them a new one. I told them to use the old one as a picnic quilt, I am working on a simple quilt similar to your mans quilt to get to a long arm quilter who stated he would quilt one or two for the fire fighters we are still trying to get quilts out to. Plus doing all the running around with kids and dental/doctor/tutoring programs. Come to think of it, I am already exhausted, I think I need a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way too many things. However I realized yesterday I need to get my quilt done for Hands2Help too. The top is done, just have to get it quilted. Lovely that so many quilt tops were donated. Quilters are such giving people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, you never cease to amaze me. Love, love your pictures of all your beauties! Can't help leaving me inspired each time I visit.

    Julie @ PInk Doxies

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!