Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Hands2Help - A Little Helpful Info!

Hi, all!

I have a little light "housekeeping" for the Hands2Help Challenge - info that might come in handy in the next week or two!  


First of all, if you are ready to mail your quilts off, please email me at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com and I will email the addresses to you.  I don't post them on the blog for privacy reasons, but will get back to you within 24 hours with the addresses!


Also, if you are planning to mail quilts to the Canadian charity, Because You Matter, Jean Kester of Layers of Hope, Quilting 911 (one of our other charities!) wrote a great post about her experience mailing to Canada and some words of advice.  You can see her post here.  I highly recommend checking it out before you go to the post office!


And finally, if anyone out there is interested in being a sponsor for the Challenge (yes, we would love to have more sponsors, even at this late date!) please email me at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com.  There are many ways to sponsor - tools, products, gift certificates, books. fabric, services, pretty hand-made things - and everything is appreciated!  Our wonderful quilters work so hard to provide quilts for those in need, and I love being able to give them a little something back for themselves as a thank you.  


Keep plugging away on those quilts - we're in the home stretch!!!

Hugs!

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. I'm very lucky that our little local post office has always been very helpful in assisting in finding the fastest, safest, and cheapest way to ship almost anywhere I have needed - and which form. I've shipped almost every continent now, so have notes in my shop book to help out - but I know they will help out should I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My quilt is ready to send out however I already have the address to send it too. I agree with all of Jean's post EXCEPT the insurance. If you've made a quilt it's worth more than $50.00. A number of years ago I had sent 10 quilts to a reserve in Northern Canada. (I live in Canada). It was the first time I bought insurance and I'm so glad I did. Their post office burnt with my quilts inside. Although the insurance money certainly didn't cover the cost of making the quilts it did help in my being able to purchase more material to make more quilts. For only a few $$ it is well worth it to get insurance. I never send a quilt out now without purchasing some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am fortunate to live in a small town with a GREAT small town post office staff. They know me and whenever I stop in with a package ask if it's a quilt and where it's going. My goal is to someday have them help me make a quilt so they can experience the entire process and not just the mailing end of it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!