Friday, March 16, 2018

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Lots of Little Dresses...

Hi, all!

Friday has rolled around again!  How is daylight savings time treating you?  I seem to be doing better with it this year than in the past - although I'm still revved up at bedtime, and start a little slower in the morning.  Here's to productivity, though - I do feel like I have a bit more energy and that translates to more sewing!   That means that it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on, so let's get started!


*&*&*&*&*&*&*


Did you know that it's very hard to get a good photo on a windy day?  Unfortunately, I didn't have any little models on hand for these dresses, so I had to hang them on the clothesline to get a good photo, and the wind was not my friend!


These pillowcase dresses are heading to Haiti in June with our church's mission team.  As I was told by a blog reader, girls who are dressed in nice clothes are less likely to be abused, so not only will these brighten up their day, they will also help protect them!


They are super simple to make, and if you're interested, I wrote a tutorial so you can make some too!  I wish I had known how to make these when my girls were younger - they would have loved them!  Emmy is still pretty sure she wants to wear one, so I've made her one too.  I can't wait to get a picture of her in it!


I did manage to get one fairly well-behaved shot of all of the dresses - they look so cute up there together!  

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And just a reminder - there's still time to sign up for the Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge and be eligible for the sign-up giveaway (although you can still sign up after this week!).  Click here to go to the sign-up post for more info!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you - 

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday -

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah


10 comments:

  1. I hear you on the wind problem, Sarah. Whenever I like to take a picture of something flimsy outside, there is wind. When I have something on the clothesline that I need to dry fast, there is not the slightest breeze though, lol. The dresses are very sweet and I'm sure they will make the girls happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I finally have a post to Whoop about :-) Your dresses turned out so cute! These are going to be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew sew cute. Love seeing the dresses blowing in the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dresses look so cute on the line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very pretty they all are! There will be some happy little girls soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! I love the dancing butterick lady! lol. Just what I needed on a Friday! Whoop Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pillowcase dresses! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What pretty photos of all the dresses! You sure made a great variety-all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dresses are adorable and remind me I need to make some more. I have yet to make the cuffed version, I have just made plain ones. Now I am challenged to up my game! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!