Friday, March 30, 2018

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Triangles for Baby!

Hi, all!

Another week has flown by, and it's Friday again - and that means it's time to get our whoop whoop on!  Are you ready?  I actually was ready early this week - a miracle, I know - so let's get started!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*


Here is my newest quilt, a simple triangle quilt made using the colors in the curtains of my great-niece's future bedroom!  I'm really thankful for that little color strip on the selvage of fabric and my Kona color chart....


I used the leftovers from the front to piece a scrappy back...


...and it shows off the diamond straight-line quilting really well! It's hard to see, but I used a variegated purple and green thread for both top and bobbin.  I love it when I have the perfect match in the stash! 


And here's one last shot of it, just for fun!  Most of my pictures were horizontal - it was very windy - but this one just shows a gentle breeze!

And it's done before the baby is born!  Hooray!!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's making you whoop it up this week?

What's got you dancing a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you - 

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

21 comments:

  1. Love the colors with this pattern - very soft. Great use of the left overs on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. A triangle quilt is on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question for you, Sarah. What is your favorite batting to use in a baby quilt? And it is quite lovely, by the way, wind and all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt looks great. And that bunny graphic makes me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it! ��❤️. do you use accuquilt dies for cutting or rulers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet quilt. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your triangle quilt is so nice. The straight line quilting was a perfect choice. She'll love it. I think the windy shots help show the texture of the quilting and adds interest, too. No need to apologize. Let us think you staged it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your triangle quilt. Makes me want to pull out my solids and play.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful spring colors in your triangle quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ♥ your triangle quilt with the matching backing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That quilt reminds me of Necco wafers, but only the good flavors! And the pole dancing bunny GIF cracked me up!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so simple and fresh! I'd have a hard time parting with it for a gift, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful. The colours are wonderful. I, too, had difficulty getting photos in the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really like that triangle quilt, and the rabbit pole dancer - made me smile, big time! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great triangle quilt, love the colour you used.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent finish on the triangle quilt! It's a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It will look great with her curtains. I also really like the scrappy back.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That quilt is going to look so good with the matching curtains. Your great-niece will love it. By the way, how do you get the wind to blow just right for your photos? lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. The colors in this are so nice. :) I'm still in the acquisition phase of my longarm thread stash, so unless I need a pretty standard neutral, I don't get lucky very often yet. The thread you had sounds perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's great! I may have to try that for a baby soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!