Friday, April 27, 2018

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? Mermaid in the Middle!

Hi, all!

It's Friday again - I hope it's a little bit dryer where you are, we've had rain most of the week! - and that means it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  Are you ready?  Let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*


When I saw Jamie's tutorial for the "Have Faith" block, I knew I needed to make a scrappy version - so here's "Mermaid In The Middle"!  This quilt was made using fifty ten inch squares and 25 random fat quarters, so it made a good dent in my scrap stash - woohoo!!


Here's a close-up of the center block, which I was happy to be able to fussy cut to showcase that adorable mermaid.  And that's where the name of this quilt came from.


When I got ready to quilt it, I started looking for a back and didn't see anything right off that I wanted to use.  Then the mail came, with a quilting subscription box.  Opening it, I found fabrics that really weren't my taste - but they were perfect for the back of this quilt!  (Really cute, just not something I would have picked out...)


It really was kismet, because the three yards in the box were exactly what I needed to back this 60" square quilt!  Score!!


And one last picture, just because it's pretty!!!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's making you whoop it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah


SaveSave

14 comments:

  1. How fun! It came out great. I have to tell you...I LOVE scrappy backings. Almost all of the quilts we use in this house have random, scrappy backings. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun quilt. I too think I need to make one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is adorable! And how fortunate that a backing solution appeared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw the tutorial I wanted to make one. Now that I see your quilt I really, really want to make one!

    I have a few H2H quilts to get done first. But this is definitely on my "need to do" list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Have Faith quilt is beautiful! I love all the colors and happy prints. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new quilt is really lovely and how fortunate that the backing fabric arrived right on time! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great finish! A beautiful use of your scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah, I love it! By the way, I mentioned you on my blog today and linked to your pillow tutorial. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute and the mermaid fits right in. Thank you for hosting the link party

    ReplyDelete
  10. We'd love to have some rain. Love the quilt and its back. Whoop, Whoop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great. So awesome that you were able to use up some of your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's beautiful, Sarah! And I love that last shot of the quilt with your house in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are "plus" or "cross" blocks all over blogland. This is one of the great ones. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a terrific DrEAMi! project Sarah!! Thanks for linking this up, and I do believe I've found the pattern for my second H2H quilt! Just love the name and how it came about :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!