Wednesday, April 25, 2018

I May Have a Scrap Problem.. April Finishes and May Goal!

Hi, all!

Well, April isn't quite over yet, but since this is the last Wednesday, it's time to share what I've been working on this month for the Scrap Attack challenge!


Now, I will be the first to admit that I have a LOT of bonus HSTs - and while I was productive, it didn't make much much of a dent in the box.  But it was a lot of fun, and I've got plenty more to play with when I get inspired!


This little bear quilt was the first thing I made with my bonus HSTs. These particular HSTs were from the quilt I made for my oldest granddaughter this year for Christmas, and I didn't have enough to complete the design as they were.  Bummer!  But I turned them into 3/4 triangle blocks by pairing each with a white square and turning it into two "new" HSTs - and then there were plenty!  


And then I took some of the smallest bonus HSTs and turned them into seven pretty pincushions!  There's something so satisfying about a pretty pile of pincushions - I'm always jealous of Crazy Mom Quilts and hers!  These may or may not be giveaway items for Hands2Help this year....

And while that's all I made with my bonus HSTs this month, I did also do some more scrap sewing...


This quilt, made using the "Have Faith" block that Jamie Elbert shared with us for H2H, used up 50 10" squares and 25 stray fat quarters!  I'll be sharing more pics of this on Friday.  

So it's been a good month for scrappy sewing!  I'm finding I like sewing with scraps more and more - which is a good thing because I'm still drowning in them!  

I may keep working on bonus HSTs until the end of April, but I went ahead and drew my May goal...


...and this is what I drew out.  I started to draw again, because I've already cut the denim scraps up, and turned them into the background for my Wedge Play quilt.  But then I thought that this might be a great opportunity to finish that quilt - which has been languishing in a corner because I had other things that took priority!  So that will be my goal for May - to finish that quilt (which is going to be gorgeous, I think!) and that will give me the push to get it done!

Thank you all for keeping me on track and accountable - it's really helping!  Are you having fun playing with your scraps?  Link up below to share what's going on in your scrappy world!

Hugs!

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. It has been a very satisfying month for you, hasn't it! The pincushions are beautiful! That looks like a great project-what do you 'stuff' them with, if you don't mind sharing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is always amazing what you can make with scraps - the queen size quilt on my frame is from scraps - for those that throw them away or hand to another you can get basically a "free" quilt by using your scraps -- love all your work

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been doing such cute designs with your scraps. I've been sewing up small quilts with scraps from recent projects and today I'm putting together a quilt with scraps from the year past...plus from fabric I just cut up to clear it out. I'm not sure where some of it came from!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bear quilt is still too adorable, but those pin cushions are adorabler? Can't wait to see progress on the denim quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, you have accomplished so much at the Beach! LOL, the sound of the waves would have put me to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on completing your April Scrap Attack goals!! (And thanks for the reminder that I need to get busy with mine.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your wedge play quilt with the denim. I am looking forward to seeing it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quilt you did for April's challenge. You are much more diligent than I as I have done nothing in April. Ugh! Hope next month will be better as it can't get any worst! ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!