Wednesday, April 18, 2018

I May Have a Scrap Problem... A Little Beach Sewing!

Hi, all!

Well, I'm behind a little bit on writing this post, because my husband and I went out on an evening "dinner and a movie" date - something we don't do very often!  Usually our movies are in the afternoon and we are vegging out in front of the TV by 7 - but tonight I'm getting a late start!  

I don't have a huge amount to share today - just the finished HST top...


...and I finished my "Have Faith" top using Jamie's tutorial from 4/8/18!  I love this pattern - so quick and easy, and it uses up a lot of scraps!  I meant to take beach pictures of the finished top today, but I was so excited by the sunshine I completely forgot!  So I'll get them tomorrow... which is supposed to be another beautiful day.  Hooray!!


So that's what I've been doing on the scrappy front.  On other fronts, I've been contacting last year's 12 Days of Christmas in July bloggers to see if there is any interest in doing it again this year - and I've had good response!  But some of them are unable to do it this year, so I've got some open slots - if you are interested in being one of this year's stops on the blog hop, leave a comment with your email address and I'll get in touch with you about it!  It's always fun to see what everyone comes up with, and I'm already working on another quilt for the 12-day quilt-along... oh the things we do on vacation!


Sorry for the short post - see you on Friday!

Hugs!

Sarah 

11 comments:

  1. My day is in my mind already, a few sketches drawn, very roughly, and look at the beach, wish we had a warm day like that right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s how we do days nights too....early! Lol glad you are getting rejuvinating time on at the beach!!! Continue to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad it heated up for you! Looks like a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the projects look great, but that last shot is gorgeous. I want to be on my beach!!! Just 51 days to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a beach person, but your vacation looks wonderful.

    I would like to get more info about the Christmas in July blog hop so I can make a decision. My email is crazyquiltpatcher AT Yahoo DOT com.

    Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your vacation at the beach! I'd say I was interested in the Christmas in July blog hop, but since I have to move no later than that month I'd better not. I do need a wee bit of sanity...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm curious about the blog hop. What is involved?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two wonderful tops, and on vacation, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. For not having a huge amount to share you sure shared some beauties! Looks like a lovely vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um, seems like we should count ourselves lucky you've even thought of us with that gorgeous view and warm enough weather to show a little leg. Enjoy! (And I think Mr. Triangle Bear is sweet.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you enjoyed that vacation. I love the HST with the little center bear. too cute.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!