Monday, April 23, 2018

Make-A-List Monday - Back to the Real World!

Hi, all!

Well, Monday has rolled around again, and unfortunately, I'm not at the beach any more - although I will say that coming home to our yard looking like this...


....was pretty amazing!  All the trees leafed out while we were gone, and the grass popped up - it looks like Ireland out there!  So maybe spring has final arrived - here's hoping!

Since I was on vacation last week, I didn't have a to-do list.  And this week I'm feeling at loose ends because I don't have anything pressing, so my list is very important to keep me on track.  Here's what's on it so far...

1.  Make a quilt back for the Have Faith quilt.


2.  Quilt the Have Faith quilt.

3.  Quilt the first (of many) teacher quilts. (More about this below.)

4.  Start the prototype for the 12 Days of Christmas in July (12DCIJ) quilt-along quilt.


Pretty fabrics!  Now to get them cut out...

5.  Keep working on the reclamation and reconstruction of my friend's turtle quilt.


There's 20 of these adorable blocks, but unfortunately this is one of the better ones - many are frayed, and the blocks are quite a variety of not-square shapes.  But I have a plan and my friend trusts me, so this quilt will get a new lease on life soon!

6.  Keep working on setting up this year's 12 Days of Christmas in July blog hop!  (If you are interested in participating, send me an email at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com.)

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

About the teacher quilts - we are hoping to make enough quilts for all the teachers at our local elementary school, to be gifted to them at the teacher appreciation dinner our church holds during the Christmas season.  We have about six months to make 41 quilts, in addition to all our regular ministry quilts.  It's do-able, but I'll probably try to quilt one or two of these every week or so.  

So I definitely think I'll be staying out of trouble this week!  And now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah


7 comments:

  1. I am doing a trial in cardboard for my 12 days of Christmas!!! Just goes to show how practical I am!!! Love your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an idea for my 12 days project. Haven't tried it yet though! Love to see all your projects! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of plans! It's good you started with a nice vacation! Love your Christmas fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starting new projects!! Oh how fun it is. Love your Christmas pull, can't wait to see what they make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice queue of quilts! I like the Christmas in July project-it will be filled with the warm of summer when you use it in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how you get it all done even with a list. LOL
    I'm thinking about the July hop, but I'll have to see how hubby does these next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sarah, you are one busy, inspiring lady!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!