Friday, September 21, 2018

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Memories.....

Hi, all!

Guess what?  It's Friday again (do they seem to be coming faster, or is it my imagination?) which means it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  Are you ready?  Let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*


This week I finished another one of the memory quilts...


This one is made from pieces of dress shirts and silk ties.  Lots of silky, slippery fabrics that required stabilizing before sewing.


I quilted it using Glide thread in Battleship Gray - it has a wonderful shiny luster that shows up nicely against the dressier fabrics.


And even the back looks nice, with that windowpane quilting!

One more memory quilt to go in this job - hopefully you'll see that next week.  Fingers crossed!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah


7 comments:

  1. Lovely memory quilt, the quilting is simple enough to highlight these special fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  2. not your imagination at all...they ARE coming faster...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love, love your quilt!
    thanks for the great idea that sometimes simple is stunning!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the newest memory quilt! The silky bocks will really be set off with the lustrous thread-great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this scrappy memory quilt with it's splashes of red.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful memory quilt. I'm glad you had such a variety of fabric to use and love the splashes of red!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilting I'd perfect for this quilt. I wish I had checked your blog yesterday. Meaning before I quilted a quilt today. This would have been perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!