Monday, September 17, 2018

Make-a-List Monday - Are We Having Fun Yet?

Hi, all!

Are we really more than halfway through September?  How did that happen?  So much to do, and the time goes so fast!  But it's all good, isn't it? I've got lots on my plate, so let's see how last week's list went....

1.  Sandwich the remaining four memory quilt tops.
Done!  Here are the two that still need to be quilted...


2.  Quilt at least two of those tops.
Done!  I quilted these three...


3.  Help with a major clean-up and re-organization in the quilt room at church.
Done!  There's always a ton of organization to do in the quilt room, but this part of it sure looks better!


4.  Eek out a little extra time to work on Lilli's quilt.  The plan is to get up and moving a half hour earlier each morning and dedicate that time to her quilt.
Done!  And in fact, this top is almost done!  I have two more sides of the border to put on, then it's done...


5.  Get the guest room furniture ready for the movers.  (No procrastinating this week!)
Done!  I'm all ready for the movers on Wednesday.  I'm still trying to decide if I want to repaint the room before I move in new furniture...




6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
We had a busy week... This quilt went to a young woman who lost her baby...


...and this quilt went to an older woman with double pneumonia.


This quilt went to a young man going through some emotional problems..



This quilt went to a new baby girl!


And this quilt went to a woman with some serious health issues.


Finally, this quilt went to a man with stage three cancer.


So not too bad for last week!  I really wanted to get all those memory quilts finished, but at least I won't be lacking for something to do this week.  Here's what I hope to accomplish this week...

1.  Quilt the last two memory quilts.

2.  Put the last two border strips on Lilli's annual quilt.

3.  Order new furniture for the guest room.  Yes, I know it seems funny to get rid of furniture just to order more, but I need to be able to sleep three kids in this room, which means a loft twin bed over a full platform bed.  Amazon is my friend!

4.  Decide whether to paint the guest room or not.

5.  Start cleaning up the studio in preparation for the next round of commission quilts!

6.  Deconstruct some ties for a table runner.

7.  Start deconstructing t-shirts for the next t-shirt quilt.

8.  Meet with a customer about another t-shirt quilt commission.

9.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Well, that list looked skinny until I started looking around and saw the bags of things that need deconstructing... Oh well, at least it keeps me out of trouble!

And now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. I suggest painting the room before the new furniture comes. If you don't paint first, you'll always wish you had. Painting a room with the furniture in it isn't fun and is so much easier when it's empty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, Sarah! Love you girl, but you make me T-I-R-E-D!! LOL And, I would definitely paint first!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am finishing up a fall table runner and hopefully finishing some knitting projects! I love Lilli's quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way the church quilt room is organized now-wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered why you were getting rid of that nice looking furniture! Makes sense to make it grandkid friendly :)

    I'm organizing my WIPs to figure out which charity they will go to. Two of my fave recipients ask for little to no pure white fabrics, so that is driving this process!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell me more about the quilt room at church! Does your church have a quilt guild? Is it for anyone? Do you have specific charities that finished quilts go to?

    ReplyDelete
  7. on my second and last pair of historical pants for local historical society and then the rest of the year is all MINE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am cutting for a sweatshirt to jacket class in my quilt guild for next Tue.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!