Monday, September 24, 2018

Make-A-List Monday - Like A Chicken....


Hi, all!

I kind of feel like I'm running around like a chicken with my head chopped off this week, hence the title of this week's Make-a-List Monday post!  So many things I want to do, so many more I need to do, and a bunch I have to do - and not enough hours in the week!  Anyone else out there feel like this?

Well, enough of that.  Let's look at what happened with last week's list...

1.  Quilt the last two memory quilts.
Done!  I am so happy to have these finished - they will be delivered some time this week.  Then it will be on to the next commission job!


2.  Put the last two border strips on Lilli's annual quilt.
Done!  And not only that, but I hit a great fabric sale today and got the backing for this quilt, too!


3.  Order new furniture for the guest room.  Yes, I know it seems funny to get rid of furniture just to order more, but I need to be able to sleep three kids in this room, which means a loft twin bed over a full platform bed.  Amazon is my friend!
Done!  The last of the boxes arrived today (unfortunately too late for me to get them all assembled today!) I can't wait to see the room all assembled, hopefully sometime tomorrow or Wednesday!

4.  Decide whether to paint the guest room or not.
Done!  I did paint it and I LOVE it!  So nice, crisp and clean!


5.  Start cleaning up the studio in preparation for the next round of commission quilts!
In progress - I've made some headway with getting things put away.  Lots more to go, though!

6.  Deconstruct some ties for a table runner.
Done!  The ties are ready for pressing and then I'll come up with a design based on how much fabric I have.

7.  Start deconstructing t-shirts for the next t-shirt quilt.
Not yet, but it's a good thing because I had forgotten that she was going to bring me another shirt!  This one will move to this week...

8.  Meet with a customer about another t-shirt quilt commission.
I'm meeting with her tomorrow afternoon, so that's sort of done, right?

9.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  Only one this week, going to a 15-year old girl dealing with a diagnosis of cancer.


So not too bad on last week's list - and it was a doozy!  Let's see what I have on my plate this week...

1.  Assemble the furniture for the guest room and get it all set up.

2.  Meet with a new t-shirt quilt customer.

3.  Create a design and make the tie table runner.

4.  Deconstruct the t-shirts for the next commission quilt.

5.  Make the blocks for that quilt.

6.  Spend some time with the grands before they go to the beach next week (without us!)

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Definitely enough to keep me busy, although I've got some other things going on that will pull me in opposite directions too.  

And just because I think this post needs one more pic, how about one of Lilli on her way to her first school dance?  Who told that child she was allowed to grow up??


That's enough about me!  Now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Lilli, a gorgeous young lady. And a 15 year old and her quilt, I could have tears galore.( did have some).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly, no one asked your blog readers whether Miss Lilli is allowed to grow up and head out into the world, so lovely and confident and ready to dance! Good grief, where does the time go? (And when did I start sounding like my grandmother?) I hope she had a fun time and made lots of happy memories with her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Lilli had a wonderful time at the dance. I so remember those years but that was 50 years ago! How did that happen? Her quilt looks beautiful. My day yesterday was like a chicken running around but I got through it and slept very soundly last night. Today will be a better day, I'll have my 2 year old grandson here so I get to play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, they grow up WAY too fast! My 9-1/2 year old granddaughter is already calling herself a "tween" and she acts like a mama to her twin brothers who are almost 7! Great job on Lilli's quilt and the score on the backing fabric! I don't know when you have time to shop with all you have going on! I hope Lilli enjoyed her dance. So far Madelyn has only been to school dances with daddy! I'm not ready for that to change and the Peeps (my hubby!) surely isn't since she's his baby doll! Have a great, busy week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely know what you are talking about and we need more hours in a day and more energy! Quilting runners, binding them and then piecing more! Good luck to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just did the same thing - order a bed from Amazon - it worked out perfectly! You sure have enough to keep you busy this week, but it all looks good. Love Lilli’s quilt and what an adorable young girl - it is a shame they have to grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many lovely things in this post...fresh paint, gorgeous finished quilts, and Lilli! Your post reminded me that I need to write my dear friend a letter and offer to make a memory quilt with her mother's clothes. It's a delicate piece of writing since not everyone wants that, but I'd be honored to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the quilts you have accomplished and the house reno's , too! The new furniture will be great for having all the grands over!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!