It's beginning to feel a lot like fall around here - it didn't hit 70 degrees until after 1 pm today, AND pumpkin spice lattes are back at Starbucks! Our temperatures are expected to go back up later this week, but PSLs will still be here, so it's all good. I'm keeping an eye on the weather on the east coast, as I'm sure many of you are too - I have lots of family over there that may be affected by the storm. If you're in the path, stay safe, and evacuate if they tell you to. Just take your fabric with you!!
OK - let's see how last week's list went...
1. Call the insurance company and set up coverage for the new truck.
Done! Here's a pic of my husband's new truck - the grandkids really like it!
2. Quilt at least one of the memory quilts.
Done! Happy to have this one done, the first of six...
3. Sandwich at least two more of the memory quilts.
I didn't get to this one, but I'll make it up this week!
4. Keep working on Lilli's annual quilt.
Woohoo for progress!! This is about 2/3 of the quilt - the full width. I've got four more rows of blocks to add across the bottom next.
5. Cut squares for Nathanael's annual quilt.
Done! And even though it doesn't show in this pic, I cut all the white squares too. A quilt kit ready to go!
6. Clean out the guest room furniture (it's going to be Lilli's new bedroom furniture!)
I didn't get to this one either, mainly because I found out I had about a week longer than I originally thought I would. So I procrastinated...
7. Sand (and maybe paint) the cabinet in my office.
Sanded, and the inside of the cabinet is painted! I love this pretty aqua! Here's before....
Unfortunately, painting the outside will have to wait for a little while as I get some other things done first...
8. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
We didn't have any requests this week, which is giving us some much needed time to clean and organize.
So I didn't get to everything, but I did make some serious progress on Lilli's quilt, which makes me very happy! This week, though, I've got to buckle down and make progress on some other things. Here's my plan for the week...
1. Sandwich the remaining four memory quilt tops.
2. Quilt at least two of those tops.
3. Help with a major clean-up and re-organization in the quilt room at church.
4. Eek out a little extra time to work on Lilli's quilt. The plan is to get up and moving a half hour earlier each morning and dedicate that time to her quilt.
5. Get the guest room furniture ready for the movers. (No procrastinating this week!)
6. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
It's a short list this week, but that's because I really need to finish up the memory quilt job - I've got several other commission projects coming up and I need to clear the decks and clean up the studio a bit before they arrive - AND I have a short week because I'm heading to the AQS quilt show in Paducah this Saturday! A carload of us are going just for the day, with a stop at Hancock's of Paducah (of course!) and a stroll around the show. And maybe some strawberry shortcake if they have it in the fall... (YUMMY!)
So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?