Thursday, March 4, 2010

Love Me Some Sudoku...

Hello, all!

I have found the coolest quilt pattern (actually a friend called it to my attention - I should give credit where credit is due, Katy!) and I spent today pulling out fabrics to use to make it up. It is based on the popular Sudoku puzzles - if you've never done one, it's totally addictive and can be very frustrating. Basically, a 9x9 grid is divided into nine 3x3 sections. Using the numbers 1 through 9, you place them in such a way that no number is repeated in any row, column, or 3x3 section. It sounds easy but it's not! The puzzles always have some numbers already placed as clues, making some easier than others based on what numbers are shown. Anyway, the pattern uses different prints/colors of fabrics instead of numbers - nine different fabrics that are arranged in a completed sudoku combination! Once you have the nine 3x3 panels done, you join it all together with windowpane sashing. I can't wait to do a little sewing tomorrow and see how it comes out.....

Cute Nana moment for the week - today Lilli and I were in the local fabric store, and she saw a sample quilt with a teddy bear appliqued in the center. She took one look at it, said, "oooh, pretty!" and proceeded to tell me, "Upstairs, my chair, Lilli-size pillow, my teddy bear, and that quilt!" I guess she figured that one out pretty quick! So it looks like sometime there's an appliqued quilt in my future!!

Our monthly sewing meeting is this coming Saturday morning, and I'm excited to see what everyone is bringing as their project. I know some of the ladies are planning to work on quilts for our ministry, but others have ongoing projects they are bringing. It's always interesting to see what each one likes to work on! Now I just have to come up with something yummy to eat... because we're Baptist! If you feed us, we will show up!!!

Later!!!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!