Monday, September 27, 2010

Make-A-List Monday #14!

Hi, all!

And Monday rolls around again.....  this week my house should be calmer and quieter - the in-laws are gone, the toddler will be back in pre-school for the full time, and my hubby is out of town two days this week.  Good thing - I've got a lot on my plate this week!  But first, let's see how I did on last week's list....

1.  Sew together the flimsy for the Welcome Home quilt.  Partially done - part of this task was my One Thing One Week challenge item - to get the individual blocks put together.  That was done, and I got it laid out in the arrangement I want to make the final quilt.  I actually sewed two rows of blocks together, too, so 1/5 of the flimsy is sewn together....




2.  Plan the design for the back of the quilt, using a paper-pieced house design and possibly siggy blocks for the people who volunteered on the house.  Done!  I made fifty siggy blocks and gave them to the volunteer coordinator at church to get them signed; I also got up at 4:30 Saturday morning and made the house panel.  I really like the way this turned out!




3.  Complete the backing for a sudoku quilt top made by my friend and fellow-ministry-quilter Pam.  Done!  This is also quilted, the binding has been machine sewed on the front, and is ready for me to sew the back by hand.  It should be ready go to its recipient tomorrow!




4.  Cut out the birthday quilt pieces (Boy, I wish I had a GO! Cutter!!!!  Lots of cutting these days.....)  Once again, not done.  I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and tell the recipient that her birthday present is going to be late!  



I also did the binding on this unexpected project, a quilt for the quilt ministry made by my friend Marsha!  That girl can crank them out - she's already finished another top and is picking up the fabric for another quilt today!






And now, without further ado, this week's list.....


1.  Finish the binding on the sudoku quilt.


2.  Pull fabrics for a boy's quilt for my friend Marsha.


3.  Make a princess dress for my granddaughter for Halloween and an upcoming princess party!


4.  Make two baby quilts for my friend Kathy.


5.  Finish piecing the Welcome Home flimsy.


6.  Cut the pieces for the birthday quilt (OK, hope springs eternal and all that rot, but maybe I can actually get to it this week!


Thanks for keeping me accountable!  You have no idea how much I appreciate all of you who read my blog - I work really hard to get stuff done on my list just so I don't have to report back with a "oops - didn't get to this!"


So what are you up to this week?  Please share!


Later!


Sarah

9 comments:

  1. hmmm this week i would really like to get some of my WIP's done before i can no longer resist the temptation to start another project and thereby add something more to the WIP list....congrats i saw you had a win today, was it over at alamode fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is quite a list! Hope you find time to get it all done. It really does help to have someone you're accountable to. Good luck.

    xo -El

    P.S. That house panel is adorable. You should be very proud of how it came out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you do have quite a list!! Look forward to seeing what you get done...but don't stress about it! o.k.?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The back of the Welcome Home quilt is going to be as pretty as the front! I love the little dog in the front yard. I'd say you did really good on last week's list considering you had company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW your To Do and Done lists are quite impressive - it really does help making lists, doesn't it? I get side-tracked really easily, and crossing items off of a list helps keep me on the straight and narrow!

    I should put housework on my To Do list ... then maybe ... naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah never mind :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's a lot of work accomplished. I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed! You had a super-productive week. That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did good!! You got a lot done, be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job, you really got a lot done!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!