Friday, September 24, 2010

Need a Place to Show Off Your Friday Finish?

Hi, all!

If you are like me and you usually link up with Amy's Show & Tell Friday, 

but just haven't had enough time or energy to make
 an Amy Butler project this week, 

I'm providing a place to link up and share your finishes here!

(Of course, if you want to share an Amy Butler finish, you can join in too!)

For one Friday only, please join me for  

TGIF!  (Thank Goodness It's Finished!)

For those of you who link up, please be kind to your fellow linkers and go check out their finishes and leave lots of good bloggy love, since there might not be as much of that to go around this Friday for each of them!!  You'll find the linky place down at the bottom of this post.  So go on - you know you want to!



  And so - - - here's my finish for the week - well, not quite a finish but considering how much company I had all week, it's pretty good as far as I'm concerned!  Our church is building a house for a family whose home was destroyed in the May flood here in Nashville, and our church quilt ministry is making this quilt as a housewarming gift for them.  It's called Welcome Home!  I managed to get all the 100 blocks sewn together this week, and arranged them so they are ready to be sewn together into a flimsy.  That's my project for this weekend!


I'll also be working on the back for this quilt - we're trying to do something really special, with signature blocks for all the volunteers who worked on the house and a paper-pieced house block.  It will be nice to sit at my sewing machine uninterrupted again!!

So now, please link up and let everyone see what you've finished this week!  And remember - spread around the bloggy love.........  



One more thing - be sure to check out Stash Manicure on Saturday - I'll be guest posting about kitting up your stash!! If you've never seen the Stash Manicure blog, you really ought to spend some time there - lots of fellow-bloggers sharing tips on accumulating, using, storing, and just enjoying your stash!


I'll also be linking up on Andrea's Lush Friday!! Check out all the neat stuff people have linked up there!
Later!

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love scrappy. What an wonderful housewarming gift. Great to help them start building their family treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No finishes here (I'm such a slacker) but I love that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a warm, lovely quilt. You know I'm partial to scrappies and this one is just beautiful. I've no doubt that the family you are making the quilt for will be so touched.

    LOL! I love it: TGIF (Thank Goodness It's Finished!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful blocks! 100 blocks in a week - you set the bar high, lol! I boast if i complete 5 in one week!! OH alright - I boast when I complete THREE in a week!!! ;) I set the bar low, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it is going to be another beautiful quilt! I have been meaning to ask if you if you need anymore cards and if so... what kind, etc... just let me know. One day I will just make some and give them to you without having to ask but right now... I find myself having to ask to make sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm late to link, but I did squeak out one little finish this evening. Love that pretty Welcome Home quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my God 100 blocks in a week.How do you do it?That's amazing.Well done,its beautiful.Thanks for linking to lush friday.Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That quilt is beautiful! Nice work and good luck on getting it put together. Thanks, also for a TGIF linky party.

    xo -El

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!