Monday, December 29, 2014

Make-A-List Monday - the Last Week of 2014!



Hi, all!

Can you believe it's the last week of 2014?  This year has just flown by - I found my resolutions list from last January, and unfortunately not much on it got done, because we went into adoption mode in March and that took over the time allotted to most of my grand plans.  But I wouldn't change a thing!  It's been wild ride and I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store.

But first, let's see how last week's list went...

1.  Finish the weighted blanket I've started for Emmy.
Done!  I gave it to my daughter for Christmas, though - in hopes that it would give HER a good night's sleep!  She thought that was funny.

2.  Rewrite the weighted blanket tutorial to include new, clearer pictures and a few additional tweaks. 
I'm working on this - hope to have it done very soon!

3.  Get the house ready for a visit from my sister and her daughters after Christmas!
Done!  It was still pretty clean, so this was an easy one.

4.  Eat too much, open lots of presents, take lots of pictures, and have fun!
Definitely done!  We had such a ball on Christmas and in the days following…

Emmy with her quilt...

Lilli with hers...

The nieces showed up for a visit...

My sister, the ironing minion
hooray, I have minions!

And sweet sisters loving on each other
when they came over to play today!
5. And, as usual, keep up with any ministry needs that may arise.
Fortunately, this was a quiet week for the quilt ministry.  We only gave away one quilt…


This quilt went to a woman with breast cancer.

And I did manage to do one small thing in the sewing room this week…


A new ironing board cover!  Hopefully this one will last longer than the muslin ones I've been using - it's an IKEA canvas print.

I also did some major cleaning in the sewing room - but I've barely begun!  I'm hoping to get a lot more done this week, and post some pictures.

OK - so now let's see what's on the agenda for this week…

1.  Work on the re-organization of the sewing room.

2.  Start planning the quilt-along for Hands2Help 2015.

3.  Press and cut scraps for the quilt-along samples.

4. Quilt at least two and hopefully five quilts for the quilt ministry.

5.  Order interfacing for a commission t-shirt quilt.

6.  Keep up with all quilt ministry needs that arise.

That's plenty for this week - I'm also planning to go see several movies with my wonderful husband and maybe a special date night as we celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary!  

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

11 comments:

  1. I am trying really hard to finish my Dear Jane quilt by the end of the year - it is going to be close - it might be finished on New Years Day or after instead - close will be good enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on the annual cleaning of my sewing area (I have 2 boxes of quilt tops ready for you), working on finishing a few tops, and planning out my H2H quilts

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I get my new machine threaded and the bobbin wound, I think I'll be doing well, LOL. Just haven't had the sewing mojo much lately. Love the photos! Your pretty nieces definitely share the family resemblance to their aunt! Fun to see the little girls with their quilts. They're both growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting ready for my mom who is staying with us for a couple of months. Gotta clean! Lots to do...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing the girls - how they do grow. I look forward to H2H again. I am clearing out books, patterns, print outs - pulling some things for the new year. Now to sort, re-fold, organize the fabrics and I am ready for Jan 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spent Sunday afternoon doing some studio reorganizing myself. It really wasn't messy, especially since I haven't worked in there in about 5 weeks but I did need to find a home for the new thread stand Santa brought me and change up a few other things so that all of my fabric would fit into the stash dresser. Now I'm ready to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This week I'm trying to get back to a bit of writing, and I'm also trying to catch up a bit on Bonnie Hunter's Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt clues. I hope the adoption plans you mentioned are going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be finishing my stay with my daughter and grandkids. A lovely 2 days of quilting then off to my other daughter's baby shower! Monday runs my 2 week vacation and back to teaching school. I'm looking forward to your weighed blanket tute! Any chance of getting a pattern for the charity quilt?i hope your week will be grand and things are going smoothly with the adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hoping to finish my king size quilt before I go back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great goals--I have almost made my list--my hubs says I will need a small army to complete them

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas.
    I'm going to finish off the other pillow and that's it. After that I have to finish the baby quilt I started years ago for my granddaughter who is turning 1 in early February.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!