Monday! How did that happen? Such a busy week last week, and then the weekend just flew by - - - but as usual, Monday brings a fresh start and a clean slate!
I learned an important lesson last week, which I'll share in a minute - but first, let's look at last week's list.
1. Put up a tile backsplash in the kitchen. (My husband is taking vacation time this week so I will be assisting in the process while he takes the lead.)
Done!! I absolutely love the way this totally changed the look of my kitchen. Here's the before shot:
And here are the finished shots:
2. Hang pictures in the foyer.
Didn't get to this one..
3. Quilt at least two quilts for the quilt ministry.
...or this one...
4. Make backs for all three of the grandkids' annual quilts.
I did, however, get two of these made! I must have had a brain fart when I was figuring out how much I needed for the backs, though, because I had more than I needed for Nathanael's, and too little for both Emmy's and Lilli's! Both the backs for the younger kids' quilts are finished, and I bought a piece of 108" wide for Lilli's, so I guess (in a way) it's finished too!
5. Cook lots of yummy things to take to my daughter's house for Thanksgiving dinner.
Done! We had a great time, with so. much. food!
6. Start decorating the house for Christmas (after Thanksgiving, of course!)
I did find some tiny live trees and a pretty wreath at a friend's Christmas tree farm, and I've picked up some greenery for the house, but I haven't dragged anything out of the attic yet.
7. Take care of any quilt ministry needs that come up.
We only had one request this week, a quilt for a man who just started chemotherapy today.
And now I'll share the lesson I learned - getting older is NOT for sissies! Home renovations almost kicked my butt, and DID kick my husband's! We only worked a half day on Monday and Tuesday, but were so sore and tired afterwards that I couldn't summon any energy to sew! And my husband went to Physical therapy on Wednesday morning and the therapist told him that his home reno days were over for this week, at least. Fortunately, by Wednesday we had finished the part that would have been hardest for me - getting the old ThermoTile off, and putting up the backing board. After that was done, it really was just a one-person job anyway - but getting into that small space under the counter is tough work! It's done now, though, and I love it!
And we did spend some fun time with the kids on Sunday, taking family pictures...
...and then today, we received a huge fabric donation! I spent several hours at church getting this gigantic pile stashed away...
Beautiful fabric, and so appreciated! There's lots of comfort hiding in those stacks!
So that was my week. It went totally off track, but sometimes that's a good thing. But it means that I've got to buckle down this week, for sure - because there's only thirty more days until Christmas! EEK!!!!! So here's my list for the week...
1. Tie up some loose ends in the kitchen.
2. Hang pictures in the foyer.
3. Decorate the house for Christmas.
4. Bind three ministry quilts.
5. Quilt two ministry quilts.
6. Quilt at least one of the annual quilts.
7. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Hopefully I'll do better getting through this list than I did last week! I sure hope so, anyway. Otherwise I'll be behind, and I hate feeling like that. Wish me luck!
And now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?