Friday, August 23, 2019

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? There's Lots Going On....

Hi, all!

It's been a busy busy week, and here we are again at Friday!!  And we all know what that means - it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  Are you ready? Well, then, let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

It's been a busy and slightly disjointed week, as I got several projects started, but very little finished.  Christmas commission jobs have started lining up, so my busy season is getting ready to begin.  However, I'm going to choose to celebrate the little victories!  So here's the first one...


...a baby quilt-in-the-making, having reached the flimsy stage.  It still needs quilting, but I am tickled pink (or in this case, blue) that the quilt math worked the first time!  The dark blue star and white background around it are made with smaller blocks than the remainder of the quilt, and somehow, I made it work out right!  Whoop whoop!!


This customer quilt, on the other hand, suffered from a lack of good quilt math, as I cut the dark red strips too narrow.  But fortunately I had enough of the fabric to recut them, and now all the blocks for this large quilt are ready for assembly!


You may have seen earlier this week that I pulled fabrics for all three grandkids' annual quilts, and yesterday (thanks to some amazing instructions) I got all the bazillions of pieces for this cute penguin quilt cut out!  




And last but not least, I got some happy mail!  This cute pattern from Hunter Design Studio, AND a great new sticker to add to my car window!  I can't wait to give this pattern a try, but I currently have five new quilts in the works, so I really should wait.  Time will tell!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah



19 comments:

  1. Congratulations on cracking the quilt maths for your baby quilt it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on a jelly roll quilt for our ministry at church and hope to quilt at least 2 quilts this weekend. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work indeed!!!! The modern quilts are growing on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it - celebrate the little victories!! Have hfun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work! I love the new car window sticker :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas commissions already? Yikes! Love how your baby quilt star is kind of drifting in at the side of the background. Looking forward to seeing how you’ll quilt all that wide, open white space!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you've been very busy. Yea for making progress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the math - it's a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The instructions in the Hartman patterns are phenominal! I made the hedgehog one. With the gazillion pieces I thought it would take forever and be tedious. But because she had me piecing the little faces first, it was a ton of fun doing each one because they had their own little personality. Have fun with this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited to hear that the penguin pattern wasn't as tough as it looks. I need to make four versions of the Hartman kitten pattern and have been anxious about getting started on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have some fun quilts to work on. The Birch Bark pattern looks very interesting and I may have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you're happy...I liked that Birch Bark pattern so much I went right out and bought it!!! It will be perfect to take on my retreat which starts Sep 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah, big victories come just a couple of times. Smaller victories are the ones to celebrate. And the perfect matching of points, absolutely straight lines is no small feat!!! The Blue Flimsy tickled you pink??? Made me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!