Monday, August 19, 2019

Make-A-List Monday - Staying Cool!

Hi, all!

My new best friends these days are the two fans in my studio!  One is a floor stand model that turns from side to side - that one moves the air around the whole room.  And then there's the battery powered clip-on personal fan that is currently clipped to my sewing machine.  Between those two and the air conditioning, I'm managing to stay cool and get lots done!  It's hard to believe that August is shaping up to be the hottest August in recorded history (following the hottest July and the hottest June) but I'm grateful that I have plenty to do inside to keep me busy!

That being said, let's see how last week's list went!


1.  Make the baby quilt top.
2.  Quilt it if there's time!
Done!  I'm super excited about how this turned out, but I'm not going to show you the whole quilt now - it's a gift so I'll share more pictures after I give it away!


3.  Meet with a friend who needs binding on a quilt.
This didn't happen - she got busy and needed to reschedule.

4.  Write an estimate for a quilt commission.
Done!  The fabric is on order, so I'll be starting on this one soon!

5.  Quilt a quilt for the ministry.
Done!  I'm working through our stash of Christmas tops for a special project - three more to go!


6.  Quilt another UFO (that stack is getting smaller!)
Done - and I'm happy to say there's only one more top in the UFO stack!  More pics to come on this one, probably Friday.




7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done - and it was a VERY busy week!

This quilt went to a gentleman in a nursing home...


...and this quilt went to a gentleman who went in the hospital for a procedure and had complications. He is now in the ICU.


This quilt went to a woman diagnosed with cancer...


...and this quilt went to a lady in rehab who is confined to a wheelchair, but loves bright colors!


This quilt went to a two-year old girl going through some serious health issues...


This quilt went to a new baby boy...


...and this one went to a man who was seriously injured in a farming accident.


And last but not least, this quilt went to the husband of one of our ministry members, who is headed to a rehab hospital.


Whew!  I told you it was a busy week!  And this week is shaping up to be another just like it.  Commission jobs are starting to line up, plus I realized that I hadn't even thought about the kids' annual  quilts yet!  I'm trying to get my own things done before the commissions get started.  So let's see what's on my plate this week!

1.  Start on the commission quilt when the fabric arrives.

2.  Start on another gift baby quilt.

3.  Pull fabrics for Emmy's quilt.

4.  Pull fabrics for Nathanael's quilt.

5.  Decide on a pattern for Lilli's quilt.

6.  Quilt the final UFO top in the stack!

7.  Quilt at least one more quilt for the ministry project.

8.  If time allows, start cutting fabrics for one of the annual quilts.

9.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

So much going on!  But it definitely means I don't get bored.  And there's so much fabric to play with - the hard part is just choosing what to pull out next!

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. We’ve had a cool and wet summer in Minnesota. All your quilt activity is so fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wondering if our summer will follow yours, we had few frosts, not a lot of snow until the last two weeks, but wet and windy. As always, your ministry quilts are beautiful, and go to so many varied recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hot here in MD as well...working on a couple of autumn theme projects...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still steamy here....will be for a while.
    Quilting indoors is the place to be for you, I see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not very hot here in Wyoming! I’ve been working on a temperature quilt and there sure are a lot of block that are similar to each other.
    You had another busy week and it looks like the new week is going to be busy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work you are accomplishing! I'm sewing my blocks together for my Emerald City...aka Sage and Seaglass quilt. Then I'm on to sashing :-) We are also celebrating my sister's birthday tonight with Alaskan King crab leg dinners. Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to be far enough north this summer that the heat isn't bad. I'm sure the locals think it's hot, though. So much going on in your studio lately! Mine, too: I've been madly putting together orphan blocks that were donated to Covered in Love :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been sewing on the baby quilt for my Great-great-nephew. I learned the name of the quilt pattern is Irish Chain and I really like it. I made five bean bags for the Depot's Museum Tour Coordinator who asked for them for a future tour with kids. Other than these, I have quilts lined up for the Depot Gift shop (three quilts, in fact). I have a new to me antique Singer 401a sewing machine that I need to get familiar with. More than enough on my plate!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!