Friday, January 19, 2024

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? Making Headway!

 

Hi, all!

Well, I don't know what it looks like in your part of the country, but this is DEFINITELY not normal for us!


This has been the view from my window since Monday morning - about 6 or 7 inches of snow that isn't going away!


And today when I ventured outside, I saw this hanging from the Christmas decorations that are still up on my railing (oh the shame!) and that is DEFINITELY not acceptable!  We don't do icicles!

But all of that aside, this long long week of forced seclusion has come to an end, and it's finally Friday!  And that means that it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on - so let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Last week I shared the first of the prototype quilts for this year's tutorial series, Fat Quarter Frenzy, and a peek at the block I was working on for the second one.  Well, I finished the second top!


Bree was acting as quilt inspector, and I do believe she approves!  The design kind of took on a life of its own, and went a different direction from where I thought it would, but I like it.

And then the spirit moved me and I got to work on the next prototype....


...and yet an other version of the Supernova quilt has come to life.  As my husband said, this one has a totally different vibe!  I was a little nervous about using all prints, but I think it works.

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?



What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

12 comments:

  1. You sure have been busy, Sarah, and you have two beautiful quilt tops to show for it! The all-prints version of Supernova definitely works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely quilt tops here, Sarah. Don't know which I like best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found a project in a shoe box I started 25+ years ago. I have completed 45 blocks, so I picked it back up and started working on it. My quilting precision is more accurate now so some of the cuts have to be redone, but hey. I feel like I should finish it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely "whoopable" finish on the Fat Qrtr Frenzy!! ;)))
    Stay warm--cold here and flurrying again!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Bree is enjoying the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt tops 😍 the first one reminds me of looking through a kaleidoscope! Nothing to whoop about here, I'm still procrastinating taking my 4-patches apart!! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both quilts are definitely whoop-worthy! I'm looking forward to your tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great quilt tops! Looking forward to the tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh, that quilt that Bree is modeling is gorgeous! I have seen SuperNovas before but the prints in yours is really amazing! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are making good progress on the sample quilts. I laughed that you had more snow than we do. I'm in western NY about an hour (65 miles) east of the Buffalo area that has feet of snow not inches. We've had about 5" total over several days. But quite cold.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt tops look great. My favorite is Fat Quarter Frenzy. And coincidentally, my comment comes after MissPat, a near local person to me. How does 75" of snow sound to you? I'm in the western NY area too and I believe we were the winners of the five-day total!
    Kathleen - kakingsbury at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, that Supernova is super!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!