Saturday, November 13, 2010

Drawing a Blank.....

Hi, all!

Well, we're thirteen days into National Blog Posting Month, and I'm drawing a blank on what to write about - that doesn't bode well for the rest of the month! I had a great idea last night at about 2 a.m. - I remember thinking, "Wow, that would make a great post!"   But did I write it down?  No!  And now it's gone......

But I do have a quilt to share with you - not one of mine, but one of my friend Ann's quilts that she sent for us to give out through the quilt ministry.


Isn't this a beauty?  Rather than call it "one of Ann's quilts", I'm calling this one Renegade Stars (Ann blogs as Renegade Quilter!)  This wonderful quilt is going to a sweet old lady in Georgia, the mother of a family in our church, who is not doing well at all.  She had part of her lung removed a while back due to lung cancer, and has other medical problems.  She used to attend our church and was the sweetest lady - her husband was a pastor but had died a few years before I met her.  Her family is driving to Georgia this weekend to see her, and I was so happy we had a quilt on hand to send for her.  Thanks again, Ann!

If you have any great ideas for a post, leave them in a comment - I'd hate to run out of stuff to write about before the end of the month!

Hope you're having a great weekend!!

Sarah

10 comments:

  1. I love that quilt, and Renegade Stars is the perfect name.

    You could have an "Ask Sarah" post, where we ask you questions in the comments and you answer them. You could set parameters or just don't answer any that are too personal. Here's one: Do you keep track of your quilt ministry quilts in a log book or scrapbook? How many have you made so far (and in how many months, years)?

    Discuss your favorite fabric collections and/or places to shop online, maybe linkies to collections.

    What's on your bucket list?

    Interesting things you've seen this week on your blog visits. We sometimes assume everyone reads the same blogs we do, but I'm sure we don't. Even if we read a lot of the same ones, what stands out to you may be different than what I take note of, and you have your reasons why.

    What do you want for Christmas? You could discuss your holiday traditions, past and present.

    Okay, I'll quit now. :) I think you're doing great, and you're already almost at the halfway point of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of national blog month! What is it?
    I love that donated quilt also. It sure looks like tons of work went into it! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P. gave such good suggestions....the only one I had was a countdown to Thanksgiving, telling us what you are thankful for, one thing a day.....
    Pretty quilt, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah you are so sweet to feature one of my quilts on your blog. It was actually a buck a block quilt that I did with a quilt shop in Spokane when I lived there. You got your 1st block for $5 then the next month at a given day & time you show up with your completed block and get the next block for $1. It was super fun.

    Ideas for posts - since I am a HUGE fan of Tennessee what about some history of the area you live in or of the state????

    I haven't back read your blog but how about how you got started in quilting?

    Maybe what your favorite tool or tip is for quilting???

    If you have read my blog I have done a few posts none sewing related. So think outside of the box - funny stories, feature a friend, or just a nice fall pic.

    Don't know if I helped or not but.... Thanks again for featuring my quilt. I am headed to camp next week & taking a bunch of purple fat quarters to make another quilt to send your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you should do a few instructional posts...on maybe your favorite block or some machine quilting things like that.... or even a post to tell us how you started quilting and how long. what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a terrific quilt! I'm sure the Georgia lady will treasure it.

    National Blog Month?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm a tutorial...how you got started quilting....a story about a specific quilt...a review of a favorite ruler or marking tool or batting...why belly buttons collect lint.

    Just seeing if you were watching.

    Seriously~ it doesn't always have to be about quilts! Just enjoy writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt! I'm sure that it will brighten the poor woman's day. As far as suggestions, you have received several - I might even borrow one or two on a brain fade day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I run into this for nablopomo too. But usually something will just "pop" in my head to post about.

    How about a favourite recipe?

    Lot's of good suggestions here. You should have no issues running out of stuff to talk about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd be interested to know if you have much time in life to do anything else beside quilting. You are so prolific with your quilting it seems to me that must be what you do night and day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!