Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day 2010 - NaBloPoMo Day 2!!

Good morning!!

Here in the States, it's election day - and I know that, for me, it couldn't come fast enough!  I am so tired of political ads!!  Lilli and I went to vote first thing this morning - Lilli even pushed the VOTE button!  Unfortunately they didn't have any "I Voted" stickers - what an oversight!  So no smiling pic after voting, even though that's what I was hoping for this morning.....

So - we went out for post-voting donuts, headed over to Target to get a copy of Toy Story 3, and then home!  Before we settled in to watch the movie, my photography assistant and I took some pics of a quilt I finished binding last night....

Did you try to start without me,  Nana?

Wait,  I think I'll try on "shy" for a while...

Nice quilt!
My friend Marsha pieced and quilted this one, then brought it to me for binding.  It will go to a young man who was recently diagnosed with cancer, through our church's quilt ministry.  I'll show more pictures of this one on Friday, but it was made using Crazy Quilt Mom's Fair and Square pattern - a great and easy pattern!

I also got a call yesterday for another quilt for the quilt ministry - this one for a two-year old who has just been diagnosed with leukemia.  I'm off to find just the perfect toddler fabric out of the stash......  after I find out how Andy's toys get away from the day care!

See you tomorrow!!

Sarah

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little girl!
    I still have your number. I can't wait to talk to you. We have just pulled into Houston and are desperately making kits...cutting down fabric in the hotel room while the hubby is getting us checked in over there at the convention center.
    How's the weather there?
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you haven't seen the movie yet...be prepared for a little tear at the end. I was in a movie theater and so thankful that no one saw me bawling my eyes out at the end. :/ I'm a sentimental sap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those plaids on the back. Can't wait to see the whole thing on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again your photography assistant looks so cute and helpful! Hope the movie was fun for both of you.

    I'm with you on being ready for election day to be over! DH and I went over and voted this morning (he worked from home) to avoid the evening rush on the polls. We are just so thrilled that we won't have the phone ringing off the hook with political advertisements, along with all the TV ads and the signs that are all over the roads in our town. Will be nice to have it over for awhile.

    The quilt ministry that you all do is just so wonderful.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photography assistant. She's adorable. I'm with you on the glad it's voting day. The radio station can finally play music again. Yay!

    Sending prayers to the young man and the toddler. That just breaks my heart. Hope the quilts help them realize they are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about the political ads. I don't think I ever saw one that talked about what the candidate would do if he/she was elected. It is all just being "ugly" and mean.

    The quilt is beautiful and it is wonderful of you to participate in making and donating quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess not watching TV has some benefits!

    It looks like another great quilt...can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your voting experience seemed to go much smoother than mine. ;)

    Thanks for reminding me that Toy Story 3 came out..I totally forgot and I haven't seen it yet! :)

    **waving to Lilli**

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun photos of the quilt and a great ministry. Quilts really make folks in crisis feel cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you need any fat quarters for the two year old's quilt? Dr Seuss maybe? Email me if you want some and I'll send them out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Toy Story three was so sweet and sad in some areas for sure--almost had me--the adult in tears!! The quilt is very nice and very appropriate for a man--grey is such a great color isn't it?! Your granddaughter is a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lilli is such a great help isn't she lol. I really admire you for all the work you do for the quilt ministry. Happy to send fabrics from NZ that are NZ themed if you want me too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. just popped in to say hi. I love the Fair and Square quilt - yours looks great, and the back too. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lilli is so cute and helpful . Breaks my heart about the people you make the quilts for , but it is such a wonderful thing you are doing . God bless you and all your helpers ! the quilt is gorgeous ; cant wait to see it from the front all the way !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great quilt, and such a cute assistant to go with it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!