Sunday, November 28, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends!

Hi, all!

It's Sunday night, and the end of the long holiday weekend (at least, here in the States!)  I want to show you a quilt that is definitely a collaborative project........

Remember I told you that Megan of Crooked Seams had cleaned out her UFOs and sent us several sets of blocks to use in our quilt ministry?  Last week, Marsha from our ministry group took a set of the blocks and some fabric from the stash wall and put together this lovely quilt.....


..... added some fabrics from her own stash to piece the back....


....quilted it and brought it to me for binding!

This quilt went to a lady in Boston suffering from cancer.  She is the mother of a friend of one of our youth pastors, and was sent in hopes that she will remember that many people are praying for her even though she is not here with us!

Many thanks to all of you who took the time to read my post yesterday about how our quilt ministry began - I have loved reading all your comments!  Your encouragement is welcome, and very much appreciated!!

Only two more days in National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo) and I've managed to post something every day so far!  It's a lot harder than it seems like it would be to come up with something to say every day, but it's been a good exercise.....  I hope you aren't getting too bored with my ramblings!  I imagine I'll go back to my usual schedule of posting in December!

Later!

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. I think you've done a great job of NaBloPoMo...and you haven't even had to discuss Belly Button Lint!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this quilt is gorgeous!!!! i love the backing that she put together for this. amazing work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful quilt! I'm sure the recipient will greatly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!