Monday, November 22, 2010

Make-A-List Monday #22! And the 22nd post for NaBloPoMo....

Hi, all!

It's been a busy week since last Monday - and I've very nearly finished all of the contract work that is keeping me from starting on my Christmas presents!  Hooray!!!  I should be finished with all of it today, and then I really have to get to work......   But first, let's see how I did on last week's list....



1.  Bind the two large memory quilts.
Not only did I finish the two big memory quilts, I finished the third one too!  Hooray!!


2.  Finish a baby quilt for the quilt ministry.
Done and delivered!!  I think it came out really cute...


3.  Make up a couple of mug rugs to test patterns.
I've started, but not finished one of these - the contract work kind of took over my life!

4.  Make a reversible Christmas dress for a friend's daughter.
Almost done - the appliques are finished and the dress is sewn together - it just
needs a hem and the buttons and buttonholes!


5.  Put together Audrey's bee blocks.
Done and mailed!  I really like these blocks and can't wait to see 
her finished quilt!



6.  Cut blocks for man's quilt for the quilt ministry.
I didn't get to this and probably won't until after Christmas - but
at least it's not an urgent need!  


So what's on tap for this week?

1.  Finish the reversible Christmas dress.

2.  Finalize the design and cut pieces for a big pile of mug rugs. 
(We'll be working on these on Saturday when we meet to sew.)

3.  Cut out #1 Christmas gift quilt.

4.  Cut out #2 Christmas gift quilt.

I wish I could put more on my list and actually think I might get it done, but with Thanksgiving on Thursday and my sewing ladies coming on Saturday, something tells me I won't get as much done as I think I will!

So - - - what are you working on this week?

Later!

Sarah

9 comments:

  1. Very cute baby quilt...you busy...busy lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy is again hosting her one week challenge. All I committed to this week was to get two mug rugs completed. I also need to work on my secret Christmas gift quilt, and my Christmas gift afghan. I am *this* *close* to having the quilt top completed. But then it will require writing on it, and piecing a backing, and layering and quilting and binding. The only part of that which does not make me nervous is the pieced backing. :-)

    SO - hopefully I will find some time to make real progress on it this week.

    Nice work on getting so much of your list accomplished!

    ~ Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  3. The reversible Christmas dress is soooo sweet, what a darling idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you get so much accomplished!! Great projects and great finishes!!

    Me, i'm probably working on all the things I shouldn't be instead of the things I should be...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back to handquilting the Scrappy Star, doodle a quilt design for the fairy fabric, and toy with ideas for my other cousin quilts. But that's more like a list for the next few months. :-)

    Have a terrific holiday Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute baby quilt, dress, and bee blocks, and I like that binding on the quilt up on top!

    I think I just cut out the last clutch. I'm putting "happy dance" on the to-do list when I've actually sewn the last one. Then pillowcases are going to be cut out, so I can see how much of that fabric is left (if any) for scraps. If there's enough, I hope to do a potholder for a hostess gift for a party next Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the binding looks really great! and the baby quilt too, lovely soft colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your Audrey's bee blocks. Especially the top one. It is just so lovely. Wonderful job on all the projects.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!