Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Why?" Wednesday..... Problem Solved!



Hi, all!

Remember last Wednesday, when I was inundated by "why" questions from my granddaughter?  Well, thanks to a good friend, I think I've found the solution!!  KarrieLyne of Freckled Whimsy, who is also responsible for Tidbit Tuesdays (always a great place to get good ideas!) suggested that I turn the question back around to her - so when she asks me why, now I say, "Why do you think that is?"  Amazingly, this works!!  And if she doesn't know the answer, she always says, "Because it is!"  So I guess that answer's not just the province of our mothers.....  ;-)

And my funny toddler moment of the week?  Last night during my husband's birthday dinner we sang grace before starting to eat (something Lilli learned at preschool and likes to do at home, leading us all in the song).  About ten minutes later, Lilli asked us all to hold hands.  She then bowed her head and started to pray, thanking God for the day and the food, then launching into a three-year old's version of the Pledge of Allegiance after which the prayer evolved into something we had a hard time understanding while trying to stifle laughter.  Fortunately, she's not self-conscious, so our laughter didn't bother her - when she finished she just said, "You can eat now!"

Kids are so much fun!

I hope you're having a great week so far!  See you tomorrow!!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Awwwww! I *heart* two-year-olds :-) Well, most of the time ;-) Lauren learned the Pledge of Allegiance in school too and it's been so cute hearing her recite the bits she remembers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *giggles*

    I'm so glad the "why" issue worked out for you. :)

    We need to get that girl on video, or skype or something! She makes my heart smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just too cute. My granddaughter is only 4 months old so I don't have those kind of cute moments yet. I can't wait!! Sounds so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how kids interpret their world and it comes out in their words what they hear. I wish I remembered more of my kids stuff or wrote it down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's adorable. I'd have been giggling too with the prayer/Pledge/you can eat now! Good answer to the why question too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!