Are you ready for spring? I see all the reports of massive snow storms across the country and spend a few moments thinking how nice it would be to be snowed in - and then I come to my senses and realize that it's much better for me not to be! But knowing that you can't go out and can have the freedom to take a sewing day must be fun. Kind of a stolen pleasure!
Well, back to reality. I did work on my list this week, so let's see how it went...
1. Mail the messenger bag to my niece!
Mailed and received! She was very happy - although I think the chocolate might have had something to do with that, too!
2. Finish the binding on two ministry quilts.
3. Piece together a black and white ministry quilt.
Done! I'm really happy with how this one has turned out...
Here's a sneak peek - I'll show more on Wednesday!
4. Sew together the quilt top that's on the design wall.
Done! But I don't have a photo of the finished top yet...
5. Quilt the three tops for the shop.
I didn't get to this one - too many ministry needs this week!
6. Put together some pin cushion kits for quick pick-up work.
I didn't make any kits, but I did order some paper piecing templates and made up a few more pin cushions...
7. Work on altering a hand-pieced quilt top for a friend.
I didn't get to this one either...
8. Deal with any other ministry needs that arise.
Done! But I've still got a couple more to do...
9. Finish getting the Etsy shop set up.
Nope! I've still got some quilting to do before I can open shop...
Okay, it appears that I was delusional when I wrote last week's list! Let's see if I can do better with this week's list...
1. Quilt a man's quilt for the ministry.
2. Quilt a baby quilt for the ministry.
3. Quilt the three quilts for the shop.
4. Design and make some iPhone sleeves for the shop.
5. Make some ebook sleeves for the shop.
6. Keep up with the ministry needs for the week.
7. Photograph the shop items and write listings for them.
8. Try to get the shop open!
I'm going to stop there - and try really hard to get to all of that! My week will be kind of crazy here, because I have the little girls for two full days, as usual, and also a 24-hour (more or less) overnight visit that will take up parts of two other days. But my husband is going out of town for a few days so I'll have evenings and all day Saturday with no other obligations, so I might be able to get all this done! Now all I need to do is pray for sunshine so I can get good pictures. It's definitely going to take prayer, though - they are predicting rain until Saturday!
By the way, thanks so much for putting up with my ramblings about what I've done and what I need to do each week - it really does help me finish projects to know that I have to "fess up" when I don't do what I say I will do. I used to be a chronic starter, but I seldom finished anything. I'd say that's changed now!
So now the question is - - - - what are you working on this week?