Saturday, February 16, 2013

Freebie Books Reviewed for You!!


Hi, all!

Do you love books as much as I do?  My stack of quilting books looks a lot like that one above - all marked up with post-it notes on the pages of quilts I want to make!  

But lately I've discovered the joy of e-books - all saved on my computer and easily accessible!  I miss the feel of the book sometimes, but the space saving is enormous... and that's a big help, because it means more room for fabric!  

Recently I was asked to review two new e-books, and I want to share those with you today.


The first book, a wonderful blending of old and new, talks about the history of log cabin quilts and provides several new log cabin designs.  Based on three styles of log cabin blocks, the traditional, courthouse steps, and chevron, the book offers multiple settings for each style, cutting charts, and several more modern variations of each.  

I also loved the sewing tips that were provided, and there are directions for a piped binding that I'm dying to try!  You can get your own copy of this e-book by clicking here - go for it, it's free!!


The second book is a quick and simple rendition of three modern quilt patterns - a simple yet effective teenager's quilt, a rainbow HST quilt, and an interesting quilt-as-you-go diagonal strip quilt that I'm dying to try!  There's not as much meat in this e-book, but the patterns are nice and would be a great addition to your library.  And once again, it's free - so click here and check it out!

<*>*<*>*<*>

And now, just so you could see what my world would look like if I indulged in every paper book I wanted...


Hugs!

Sarah

PS - If you're looking for the Whoop Whoop Friday linkups, click here!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us know about these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these two free books! I also have made the switch to ebooks and although it takes time to adjust once I did I found it much easier to find the portions and patterns I needed by a quick search!

    I can't wait to check these two out and see the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books, too, and am thankful for my Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Freebies. I'm like running out of space for books and fabric. Oh No. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I just stumbled upon your blog, and noticed we are both in the Nashville area. Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!