Friday, June 14, 2013

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Some more template work...


Hi, all!

It's Friday again, and you know what that means!  It's time to get our whoop whoop on!!  Remember, it doesn't have to be a finish - so share your progress, too!


So this is what I'm whooping about this week!  
A little template work on a pretty quilt
destined to be auctioned off to benefit
Relay For Life!


Look!  I finally did some decent feathers!
I even did some in the borders, but they're 
not as easy to see - which is probably good!


And see the little arcs on each block?
I used my sweet melon shaped template to do those - 


Here's another shot of the quilting...


And one of the binding!  Aren't those little pennants cute?


And one more whoop whoop...


Look at this wonderful stack of quilts for Quilts Beyond Borders!  Definitely a collaborative effort, these were made by elementary school children and my sewing sisters in our church, and will be going to Ethiopian orphans!  Sixteen of them - whoop whoop!!  (Kind of looks like the bed for the princess in The Princess and The Pea, doesn't it?)

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

So that's what I'm whooping about this week!

And now it's your turn!

What are you doing a jig about right now?


See - it's more fun with friends!!

So share and join in the fun!

The linky will remain open until Sunday at midnight -
Be there or be square!!

Hugs!

Sarah

21 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me get my Whoop Whoop on once again Sarah!! love your quilt! heck, yeah those feathers are decent. I can 100% guarantee that mine would not look as good!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous stack of quilts and great feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo, ahhhhh! so pretty and lovely feathers, too!!

    hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, your feathers look GREAT!! And your stack of donation quilts started me off with a wonderful "warm 'n' fuzzy" this morning. What a great project, kudos to you and the children and your sewing friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice feathers! I'm going to attempt feathers too! Not planning on much success for awhile! You did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your beautiful quilted feathers. Great quilt.
    Oh my. That a lot of quilts. I know you are proud of those elementary kids. So many colorful quilts.
    And thank you for allowing me to share one of my posts this Friday morning. It's fun to visit other "Whoop Whoop" blog links each weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice quilting:) Fantastic stack of quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful stack of quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that stack of quilts! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that banner binding! It is my first time linking with your party, thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your feathers are looking marvelous!!

    The children (families) receiving those colorful quilts will be delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oops..

    Ignore my "families".

    (Sarah, can you correct this for me? Thanks.)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. My finish this week was getting my Happy Chemo quilt in the mail. Yeah. Not much else happened.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sarah!
    Thanks for hosting!
    Your quilt is as fine as ever!
    I really like those quilted fethers!
    Great pile of quilts too!
    Maja

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice fmqing. I think I'm going to try some feathers myself. IT'S SO SCARRY! Thanks for sharing your linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous stack of goodness headed to those children. And I am so impressed with your template work and feathers. Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such beautiful feathers and you should be proud of those stack of quilts! Whoop, whoop, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sarah, your feathers look great! I have really been working on mine and they don't even compare to yours. What a great stack of quilts for donating!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yey - I got my Whoop Whoop on! :D

    I love your blog and this is a great way to share those exciting projects we are/have all been working on so keep them coming :D

    Gem x (EDiS)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your feathers are fabulous, Sarah! Way to go on the quilting, and I love the luscious colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the color you chose for the background of your quilt! the quilting is pretty fantastic, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!