Whew! I am definitely taking a deep breath - the Hand2Help Charity Challenge is finally over! After a marathon session yesterday afternoon - over six hours of sorting through entries, writing the prize blogpost, drawing the names for 50 giveaways, completing the post, and emailing all of the winners and donors - I can say it was a complete success! 127 quilts donated by 65 quilters - is that not amazing?
Well, enough of that - let's see how I did on last week's list...
1. Complete the Sunset on Water quilt I'm currently piecing for the ministry.
Done! Here's a pic...
My friend, who delivered it, wrote me today, "They loved the quilt and couldn't believe people they didn't even know would go to so much trouble. It was perfect." That makes me happy....
2. Quilt one last H2H quilt.
Done, but I've found four more! No pics yet...
3. Finish two men's quilts for the ministry.
One is done... but I think I forgot to take a pic!
4. Finish a woman's quilt for the ministry.
Actually got to two women's quilts...
5. Make a pillow for a graduation gift.
I didn't get to this one yet, but I did find my focus fabric and decided on a design...
6. Finish up the Hands2Help Challenge - giveaway on Sunday!
Yep, it's done!!
7. Get those items listed in the shop!
8. Start cutting out the vacation quilt.
Didn't get to this one either!
I really seriously underestimated how much time the H2H Challenge would take up last week, which is why I didn't get to many of the things on my list. Oh well, there's always this week! So let's see what's on this week's list...
1. Mail off H2H prizes to 19 people!
2. Quilt four more H2H quilts for Ethiopia.
3. Bind one woman's quilt for the ministry.
4. Bind one man's quilt for the ministry.
5. Quilt one more man's quilt for the ministry.
6. Quilt one more woman's quilt for the ministry.
7. Make the pillow for my friend.
8. List items on Etsy.
9. Start cutting out my vacation quilt.
Fortunately for my workload, although unfortunately because I miss him, my DH is out of town until Wednesday evening, so I've got some extra time to work on these projects. But Tuesday night we're having a "girls' night" at church to meet and work on projects - and of course, eat! So far, I know people are bringing egg rolls, fried rice, beef enchiladas, and I'm bringing a decadent looking chocolate cake with chocolate covered strawberries on top! Should be a fun time for all!!
So that's what I'm working on this week! Should keep me busy and out of trouble, for sure.
And now the question is - - - what are you working on this week?