Friday, June 7, 2013

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Sunset on Water...


Hi, all!

It's Friday again - and time to get your whoop whoop on!!  Are you ready?  Remember, it doesn't have to be a finish - just whatever you are happy to have worked on this week!  So let's get right down to it.....


This is what I have been working on this week...


It's called Sunset On Water, and it has 36 different blue tone fabrics and 36 different yellow tone fabrics in it.

The pattern is in the March/April 2013 McCalls Quilting, and I enlarged the block pattern to make the finished quilt 60" x 60".  
(I love EQ7!)


This quilt is headed to Pensacola this weekend, to the family of a young man who went missing in Mobile Bay three weeks ago.  


I spent the day finishing it up with some 
template quilting on Jolene - 
you can see it best on the back of the quilt.  
It was fun, and got easier as I went along.  
Still not perfect, but not bad!


And one last shot, just because it's pretty!

It's been a while since I made a quilt from start to finish - 
it's a nice feeling!  
This pattern is much easier than it looks, 
so if you like it, give it a try!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What are you whooping about this week?

What has made you smile and dance a happy dance?

Share with us - we want to join in!!

The linky party will remain open until Sunday at midnight.

Be there or be square!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And speaking of being there or being square,
remember that the linky party 
for the Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge 
is going on right now!  
If you've made a quilt for the Challenge, 
be sure to link up before Saturday at midnight CST.  
If you didn't make one this year, stop by here 
and check out all the gorgeous quilts that have been made 
for the two charities through this challenge!  
There are more than 100 quilts already - awesome!!

Hugs!

Sarah

33 comments:

  1. that is the perfect name for it!, and i love the texture the quilting gives it!

    -Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt. I would have found it hard to give that one away. I'm sure they will love it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous quilt - yes, the quilting really adds to the dimension of the quilt - love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah- i'm so sorry, but my entry is there three times. I thought I had done something wrong when I didn't see it, so i entered it again. I can't see a way to delete the two duplicates myself, so feel free to delete the other two. :)

    Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a fantastic pattern and I like the blues and yellows together! You are a such a kind,kind person Sarah. I am sure the family in Pensacola will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I loved this pattern in the magazine! Maybe it'll have to end up on my to-do list - yours is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is glowing. What a beautiful gift to a family at loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness what a gorgeous quilt. The quilting is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quilting design! It's a really lovely bright quilt, great work :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is gorgeous! What an amazing gift. May it bring them some comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely quilt, blue and yellow together always looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors. So soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Sarah, this is gorgeous! (Knew I was going to love it as soon as I saw your blog title.) Makes me happy just to look at it. The back is really cool, too. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your quilt, you have such talent. This wasn't the photo I had planned sorry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful! I love the "dove tail" aspect of the design, and all the rich shading.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a beautiful quilt. I love the negative corner . . . just brilliant. I'm coming from finish it friday, but just liked to your get a whoop . . . A&M?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your quilt is wonderful! I love the colour shifts! Amazing job!
    Esther
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sarah!
    Thanks for hosting all our works!
    Your quilt isa great sparkle and
    it´s fantastic!!!
    Hugs//Maja

    ReplyDelete
  19. All those triangles! Gasp!

    Thanks for hosting a linky party. I'm always looking for new blogs to follow, and learning new things from all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your quilt is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I seriously LOVE that quilt. And the quilting just rocks!

    Holy smokes look what you went and did again this year, over 100 quilts!! Now that's something to Whoop about :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. All those blues and yellows make the quilt. Looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful quilt. Love the colours and the puzzle look. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, Sarah, that's beautiful! You did a wonderful job on it. May it bring comfort in a very difficult time for the family in Pensacola.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful quilt. You do an awesome job. It will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I REALLY like this quilt! You did a great job on that quilting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Whoop whoop. I don't know how you produce so much. I'm impressed

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your quilts, and as always am amazed at all you get done!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sorry I linked up more than once. I didn't realize you had several linky posts.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!