Monday, April 21, 2014

Make-A-List Monday - Prophetic Fulfillment!

Hi, all!

Last week's post was titled "Make-A-List Monday - #1, Get New Internet Service…"  Well, I was joking (sort of) because our internet service had been getting worse and worse and we had pretty much had no service at all for about a week.  Or it would come on for five minutes, then die for several hours.  Just enough to tease us. Living out in the country makes it difficult to get good service - but yesterday my husband heard of a satellite service that had good reviews (the other one we looked at turned out to have horrible reviews, so it was a no-go) and they installed it today!  And I have had internet service all night - a minor miracle in itself - and it's fast!  So I guess last week's blog title was a prophecy that fulfilled itself!  Woohoo!!

Anyway, let's see how I did on the rest of last week's list….


1.  Finish the last three Swoon blocks.
Done!  And not only the blocks, but the whole quilt top!



2. Cut the sashing for the commission t-shirt quilt.
Done!  And once again, not only has the sashing been cut, but the top is sewn together!



3.  Quilt the granny square baby quilt.
Done! And this sweet quilt came out so soft - it's backed in a pale pink linen that will get even softer with washing...



And God's timing is so cool - it turns out that the baby this quilt is intended for, who was supposed to be born in mid-May, is going to have to be delivered next week because of some health issues.  I'm so glad He prompted me to get this one finished in time!

4.  Assemble the donated Celtic Solstice quilt top.
Done!  And I found a bag of blue and orange triangles that make up one of the outer borders, so I'll be adding that to this beautiful top.  Let me tell you, this is going to be a hard one to give away!



5.  Write a post for the Piece*Love*Quilt blog. 
(Hopefully in the next fifteen minutes!)
Done!  You can read this post here



6.  Keep up with ministry needs as they arise. There aren't any on the list right now but that can change drastically in the course of a few minutes.  So I'll make hay while the sun shines on the other things on my list in the meantime!
Done!  We had two requests for quilts this week; the first is for a woman who was in a terrible car accident, and the second is for a woman just diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.




7.  Pull more yard sale items for my daughter.
Done!  I've got bunch of stuff for her and can probably find some more - it's definitely time to destash on some of the junk around this house!

8.  If weather and time permits, 
work on a new planter in the front yard.
Done!  My husband and I worked on this most of the day on Friday - I couldn't possibly have done it by myself but together we managed to get the bulk of it done.  I'll be adding some small planter pots over the next few weeks, but at least the foundation is there.  And see those rose bushes?  They are so cool - they have three different color roses on each bush!






So it appears that having no internet service really increases my productivity!  I got a lot done last week!  

And here's the goals for this week

1.  Quilt the Swoon quilt.

2.  Quilt the t-shirt commission quilt.

3.  Work on changing my email address over with everyone under the sun

4.  Put the borders on the Celtic Solstice quilt top.

5.  Make a ministry quilt for a man with brain issues.

6. Work on designing blocks for two upcoming blog hops.

7.  Keep up with all other quilt ministry needs as they arise.

I'd say that's definitely enough to keep me busy and out of trouble! Oh, and this is the weekend for the AQS quilt show in Paducah, so I'll be headed up there on Friday - so maybe all of this won't get done this week after all.  But I sure wouldn't want to miss Paducah!  I'll have a report next week…

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

PS - Blogger is playing games with me, which means that sometimes if you leave a comment, it doesn't email it to me - even though my settings are correct.  So if you don't hear back from me, please feel free to email me directly at salliesue (at) clearwire (dot) net.  Especially if you requested a pdf of the tutorial posted on Sunday and didn't get one from me!  I'm trying to check frequently, but would hate to miss you….

11 comments:

  1. I hear ya Sarah.....we live in the mountains in NC = no cable, no DSL service either. We had Hughesnet (which is Dishnet's internet) when we lived in WI and were not happy but it was our only choice. Same thing here...half the time we went over the bandwidth allowed which puts you in the "penalty box'...meaning you have little or no internet as a punishment for 24 hr.

    Finally a new service is available here....it's a line of sight internet connection...we have a gadget that captures a signal off a tower on a distant but visible mountain. Not as fast as we'd like for the whopping $90 per month....but it's fairly reliable. Good luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know that your internet is better but for some reason your posts are not showing up in my Feedly reader. Hmmm. Very strange indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Michele, your posts are not showing up -- but I know how to go looking for you so you can't hide . I'm already in Paducah for the week so I'll keep an eye out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, so glad your internet issues are resolved..I am fairly new your blog but I LOVE IT!! I love the way you make lists on Mondays. I have done that in the past but get discouraged if I don't see the list change from week to week. Due to outsider complications I don't always get a thing sewn. I was so glad to see your post in my email today....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Solstice looks lovely as well as all the other quilts - I so need to make a Swoon as I adore that block. It is not blogger but Yahoo that is the problem. They did a fix for the Heartbleed virus and it has messed everything up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun in Paducah! The solstice quilt looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe it is your new service, but all of you posts for a solid week all showed up in my blogger reader at the same time. They had not been updating and now, pow! Love the update!

    ReplyDelete

  8. This is my first time reading your blog and I am amazed at all you get done in a week. I'm going to bookmark your blog so that I can gain some inspiration from you.
    Your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Swoon quilt. I finally figured out what fabric I want to use on mine. One of these days I will get started on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My word, you are so productive!!! I am in AWE for what you got done this week!!!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!