Monday, April 28, 2014

Make-A-List Monday - Back From Paducah!

Hi, all!


It’s Monday, and Quilt Week in Paducah is over!  We had a blast on our adventure there - I even took Flat Lilli with me, and look who she met!  Quilt Man and Bobbin!


Paducah really goes all out for Quilt Week - if you ever have a chance to go, you should!  I’ll share some pictures from the show later on this week.

For now, though, let’s see how last week’s list went

1.  Quilt the Swoon quilt.
Done!  I’m so happy - I finished this quilt about 20 minutes before I walked out the door to go to Paducah - binding and everything!  Woohoo!!  I promise better pictures on Friday (if the weather clears up before then!)


2.  Quilt the t-shirt commission quilt!
Also done!  This turned out beautifully, thanks to fusible woven interfacing and straight line quilting.  It’s all delivered, ready to be given to its new owner at graduation!


3.  Work on changing my email address over with 
everyone under the sun...
Started.  I’ve sent out a blanket email (you may have received one!) and I’m changing it with companies that I receive email from, but it’s a slow process!

4.  Put the borders on the Celtic Solstice quilt top.
Started, but not nearly finished.  I just ran out of time!

5.  Make a ministry quilt for a man with brain issues.
Fortunately, Tommy had finished a quilt last week that didn’t have a home yet, so that quilt went to this gentleman.  Isn’t it gorgeous?


6.  Work on designing blocks for two upcoming blog hops.
The designs are ready - I just need to do the tutorials now!

7.  Keep up with all other quilt ministry needs as they arise.
We had one more quilt request come in this week, and I was really worried that I wouldn’t be able to get it done in time for us to pray over it on Wednesday night.  But then, according to God’s plan, I’m sure, we received a box with several finished quilts in it!  One of them was perfect for this need.  This quilt is going to a gentleman with cancer of the esophagus.

Whew!  I sure am glad for God’s provision - He knows just when we need something and always provides!  

Here’s what’s on tap for this week

1.  Quilt a ministry member’s quilt for her neighbor who is sick.

2.  Finish a ministry quilt for a woman getting ready 
for open heart surgery.

3.  Finish a ministry quilt for a man with bilateral lung cancer.

4.  Write the tutorials for the block blog hops.

5.  Write up a quilt tutorial that has been requested.

6.  Put the borders on the Celtic Solstice quilt top.

7.  Continue switching over email addresses.

8.  Pull yard sale items for my daughter’s sale.

9.  Quilt a couple of ministry quilts to get ahead of the need.

10. Keep up with any ministry needs as they arise.

11. Research monetizing my blog.

As much as I hate to add that last item to the list, I think I’m going to have to do it.  When we switched over our internet service, we traded unlimited poor service for better service with a limit on how many gigabytes of data we could access each month.  Our previous ISP gave us unlimited access, or should I say it was unlimited as long as it was working!  But the new one has limits, and it’s expensive to increase those limits.  I miss being able to surf and check out everyone’s blogs at home freely, so I’m planning to do some limited advertising on my blog to help cover the cost of the internet service.  I’m going to do my best to insure that the advertising is relevant to what I blog about, and as unobtrusive as possible.  So please bear with me as I go through the learning process!  And if you’ve had experience with this and have any words of advice, I’d love to hear them.

So now it’s time to get to work!  But the last question on my mind is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

PS - Be sure to check back in on Friday - there will be a giveaway to celebrate 1000 followers!!!  Woohoo!!


9 comments:

  1. totally understand about the advertising, I have some on mine too to help pay for things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I am lucky. I pay a hefty monthly charge but it is unlimited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do what you need to in order to keep putting this quality blog out to the world.

    I'm working on a twin size for my granddaughter's tenth in July. I finished the flimsy a couple hours ago and am now contemplating the basting, quilting and binding it. Good thing it's only April. My productivity is a lot slower than yours !~! I love how your need was provided for in the last minute for the man with esophageal cancer--isn't that amazing ?~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quilt man and bobbin?? That just cracks me up!! I can't wait to see your show report since I didn't get a chance to go :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use AdSense and it's super easy to use and 'personalize' the choices available. It doesn't pay much but it does cover my internet costs for the most part. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only have one request - don't get the ads that float on the bottom of the screen. They don't float nicely on the iPad. Otherwise, go for it. I have no issues with bloggers supporting themselves! Oh, and I love what I can see of the Swoon quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hubby works with computer database, and is oncall frequently, so, I pay thru the nose for super fast, reliable internet. It's required. I understand the pain of the cost. Hoping to get your new email address soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely understand about the advertising. Actually, I am thinking about looking into it for my blog as well. After all, I'm quilting lots more now that I'm blogging, so the blog should help pay for the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too totally understand and have been thinking about and looking into options too. I'd love to hear any words of advice that you have learned.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!