Friday, February 27, 2015

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Checkerboards...


Hi, all!

It's Friday, and you know what that means - it's time to get our whoop whoop on!  Are you ready?  Thanks to all the snow we've had, I definitely am!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*


This week, I've got another 16-patch for your consideration! 
(Of course...)
This one has a really cool construction technique, so tune back in Sunday to learn how I made it.


Simple diagonal stitching through the blocks and cornerstones finish off this cozy quilt.  The layer cake I used Barcelona by Urban Chik, and the background is Kona Espresso.



The back is a great piece of wide shirting I picked up at an estate sale of a local lady's stash, split by a piece of one of the bright green Konas.


You can see the quilting a bit better here on the back!

So there's my seventh 16-patch quilt - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn! 

What are you cheering about this week?


What's got you dancing the happy dance?

Share - we want to dance right along with you!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight - 

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah



11 comments:

  1. I will share my stars today. I am so coming along pretty well on several quilts and will be finishing up two of them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the espresso that you used for the sashing! It would make a great guys quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, it's not something made with fabric, but I just wanted to share with you my owls made in crochet. I started to blog again ( this is what makes me dance this week)and I'm getting up with old habits, one of my habits was to participate in this beautiful party so here I am :)
    Thank you for hosting
    Marisa from http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah that quilt is really lovely. I want to make a scrappy 16 patch and have been working away at cutting up scraps to squares or strips. someday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I have a roll-up(?) of Barcelona plus some yardage for one of Pam and Nicky Lintott's quilts! I really love your 16-patch series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would never have guessed that I'd care for a checkerboard quilt...but you have proved me wrong. It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to tell you how sweet your little clapping penguins are. :) Makes me want to hurry up and finish something. Another great 16 patch. Is that made with just one layer cake? Thanks for your inspiration Sarah. Janita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to comment the very thing about the penguins. They just made me smile. Off to check out some links. Thanks for the likny Sarah.

      Delete
  8. your quilt looks lovely.you are inspiring me work on my projects. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an attractive color combination. I've seen several 16-patches lately and they always show the fabrics so well. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, this is a very nice finish - the colors just glow! Looking forward to seeing this construction you mention :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!