I hope you're having a great week so far - I feel like I accomplished a whole lot last week, so I'm taking a deep breath and looking forward to finishing some projects this week! Let's take a look first, though, at what happened last week.
1. Quilt the fourth sample quilt for the Quilt Along!
Done! I'm very happy with this quilt - it's so soft, both in color and in feel, and I expanded my quilting repertoire with some new quilting designs! You can read and see more about this quilt here.
2. Finish the top for the fifth sample.
Done! Here's a teaser on the next quilt for the Sweet Sixteen Quilt Along!
3. Work on the commission t-shirt quilt.
In progress - right now it's a flimsy and back, and I'm all ready to make my quilt sandwich as soon as I finish this post. Quilting tomorrow!
4. Update the H2H page.
Done - finally! The new charities and schedule for this year are all listed now - you can click on the tab at the top of the page to see it all! The Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge begins Sunday, March 15th. I hope you'll join in the fun!
5. Write the H2H corporate sponsors.
Done! I'm already getting responses - we have some great sponsors!!
6. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.
Done! We gave away a few quilts last week…
This quilt went to a woman recently diagnosed with cancer...
This one is going to a woman who is facing a long rehab related to a respiratory disease...
And this one went to a gentleman who had unexpected complications from surgery and is now back in the hospital.
We also gave a quilt to a gentleman with Stage 4 lymphoma, but I neglected to take a picture of it before sending it to be delivered. Oops!
Okay! I managed to get to everything on my list last week, and let me tell you, it feels good! But now it's time to quit basking in the glow of work well done and see what's on tap for this week….
1. Finish the commission quilt.
2. Quilt a top for a friend (a Valentine's gift, so it's a rush job!)
3. Start working on the sixth sample quilt for the quilt along.
4. Determine the designs for the 7th and 8th sample quilts (what the heck was I thinking???)
5. Work on some items for my daughter's fundraiser auction. (If you missed the news, they got the adoption approval from China!)
6. Keep up with any quilt ministry need that arise.
I also need to transfer all the data on my computer to my new computer! My husband pointed out to me that computers do have a limited life, mine is over five years old, and wouldn't it be better to replace it before it broke down? Well, it only took a few minutes of envisioning what it would be like to be computer-less for him to convince me. But now I have to do the hard part - getting everything on the new computer. Fun!
So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?