Friday, March 13, 2015

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? As Close As I Could Get...

Hi, all!

It's Friday again, and you know what that means - it's time to get our whoop whoop on!!  Are you ready?

I didn't get my quilt finished this week - life happened and even though I had planned to get at least some of the quilting done on it, this top is unfortunately not even basted yet!  But it's pretty, and I love it, and it's my whoop whoop for the week!


This quilt will be the quilt that lives on Nathanael's bed when he finally comes home.  My daughter picked out the fabrics - some Cotton & Steel, some Doe, and some Connecting Threads fabrics.  The background is Kona Snow.


The light was terrible outside today, but at least it wasn't raining!  


And occasionally, the wind picked up and took this quilt for a ride!


I wish there had been some sun to get a really great "stained glass" shot, but this is the best I could get.

That's my quilt-y whoop whoop for the week - it's as close as I could get to a finish!


And I have an adoption whoop whoop too - Nancy's auction raised over $3000 to help #bringNathanaelhome!  Thanks to all of you who helped support Nancy and her family!


And here's a reminder - this Sunday is the beginning of the Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge 2015!!  Be sure to come back and sign up to participate - you'll be entered in the signup giveaway!!  Help us celebrate the fifth year of this fun Challenge!

Oh - and one more thing - have you seen the new book, Country Girl Modern?  I've reviewed it on this blogpost, and I'm giving away a copy!  The giveaway is open until Sunday midnight, and the winner will be announced on Monday.  Check it out!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What are you whooping about this week?


What's got you dancing the happy dance?

Share - because it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday at midnight - 

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

19 comments:

  1. All those fabrics just work so nicely in this quilt - a bit of a nautical look to it. Congrats on the fund raising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is my favorite with the subtle colors and prints! I can't wait until the family is complete.

    The best of luck for all,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy quilt and the perfect way to welcome Nathanael!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt and the HAPPY DANCE- what a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt for Nathanael's bed is awesome! I love the color palette and the clean graphic look of it. Best wishes to your family for Nathanael's homecoming, hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter has great taste! Those fabrics work beautifully together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt top looks fantastic! I really love that your daughter picked out the fun fabrics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely quilt. it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nathanael is going to LOVE this quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful quilty hug for Nathanael!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the triangles and the fabrics you used. It looks perfect flapping in the breeze, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That top is lovely! I can see the stained glass effect. :) www.quiltartbymegan.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great quilt, Sarah! All the equilateral triangle quilts out there and this one is different, so I like that! I like triangles. Three is my favourite number. I love how you split the colourful triangles in two and then did alternating ones in white--room for some fun FMQ, no?! Thank you again for all the 16-patch inspiration over the past weeks--great series. I did a little knitting pouch for small projects using 2 16-patch blocks, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo... it sure *is* a pretty top!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Even without the stained glass shot your quilt really shines! Congrats to your family on getting one step closer to bringing that little one home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It really is a great quilt and I'm SURE he will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!