Friday, November 18, 2016

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? In Memoriam....

Hi, all!

It's Friday again!!!  And hard to believe, but there are only five more Fridays until Christmas!  If that totally freaks you out, and thoughts of all those gifts you need to make start running through your head, you might want to check out last Wednesday's post - it's full of ideas for scrappy gifts!  But now it's time to get our whoop whoop on - are you ready??  Let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Well, my Thursday started off great - I got up early and quilted a quilt that will be a Christmas gift... 



...finishing up before 6:30 am!  Then, in an effort to multitask, I decided to plug my portable charger into my computer to charge it up while I was trimming the quilt, and disaster struck!  As near as we can tell, static electricity from inserting the plug into the USB port fried the logic board - - - and everything went black.  It's pitiful to admit this, but I honestly was in mourning most of the morning!  At lunchtime, my husband decided he was tired of me moping around, so he took me to the store, and this evening I am whoop whooping about having....


...a brand new MacBook Pro!!  My old one will make a very nice paperweight, according to my husband - that's so depressing... but the new one has that "new-computer" smell!  Now here's hoping I can get all my pictures and files transferred over - that's always a hair-raising experience!

I'm also whooping it up because, thanks to many helping hands and generous donations, we had quilts on hand to give to a family of eight who were burned out of their home this week....




This beautiful large quilt top was donated to the ministry, and was perfect for the parents...


...and these six quilts went to the six children in the family.  They lost everything in the fire, but now at least they each have a quilt of their own!  It's such a blessing to be able to fill needs like this quickly - the day after the fire, we were able to put these in their hands!!  Thank you to the many great folks who have helped us with this ministry!!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you dance a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you - 
And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight -
Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

17 comments:

  1. An Apple MacBook Pro, wow!! I hope the transfer goes well, and the quilts all waiting to go to a new home, what a blessing for you to have them, and for the family, they can wrap themselves in warmth and love. Not doing much here, but dancing with joy at the fabrics that came in the mail this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine losing everything in a fire like that, but thank God the family are all well. I'm sure they appreciate all of those quilts as the amazing gesture of love that they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Whooping it up with you. Congrats on your Macbook Pro!!!
    I am assuming you were already an Apple user. I switched several years ago and have never looked back.
    I have started saving a lot of stuff "in the cloud" Although losing my computer files would still be a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy for you that you have a new computer and I'm sure you will be able to save all your files from the old one.
    Also wanted to tell you that it is so generous from you that you are giving away quilts for those in need.
    Cheers,
    Emese

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome that you had enough quilts on hand to bless that family. I saw the smoke on the interstate while on my way to Joann's and got off to investigate since it was so close to my daughter's home and saw the fire trucks. Good luck on getting everything transferred to your new computer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilts look wonderful. You've accomplished a lot this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quilters are the best! I'm so glad you were able to gift the family with new quilts. My childhood home burned to the ground 2 years ago. It's just a devastating event.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a busy morning! I bet the family was happy to receive their gifts. Have fun with your new computer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you lost your computer...hope the new Mac lasts a good long time :-) What a beautiful gesture of love and hope to give the quilts to that family. I'm sure they're all just traumatized by the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah, you all really do so much to help others with your quilt ministry. I am hoping to get one started at my church after the first of the year providing there is enough participation. If not I will do what I can when I can on my own. I feel that God is leading me to do this. When I got my Lucey longarm I asked God to let me use it for his glory. I think he has spoken lol. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear about your computer. Glad you were able to remedy that.

    Happy you could find quilts for everyone after the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness - at first I thought you were going to say you cut through the cord with the rotary cutter. Congrats though on a new computer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!! That quilt for the parents is BEAUTIFUL!!! It will give them hope and beauty. And, you finished quilting a quilt by 6:30 AM?!! You are my shining example!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you're very generous. I'm sure they will treasure your beautiful quilts. I hope God will give the family strength and patience through the difficult times.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sad to hear about your computer. But yeah for a new one!! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!